LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dynoed the car yesterday after putting the stainless works exhaust on which i have to says is a total piece of crap i had to cut it to make it fit then i changed the mufflers to dynomax because those chambered mufflers which came on 67 camaros sound horrible they pop so bad and are so loud its embarrasing. any way i have a 04 gto with a h/c package 222/224 566 568 112 lsa when i first dynoed the car with stock cat back it made 386 after i put a 3inch system I made 410 to the rear and 390 torque . my mods are long tube headers,underdrive pulley, cold air intake,slp maf, total engine airflow 5.3 stage 1.5 heads and a comp cam. anyway with all this power over stock i still think this car feels slow maybe its the weight or the need for gears I cant understand these cars when you build a fbody or vette with the same hp they fly but the gto just feels doggy.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Well congrats on the numbers. I'd like to see a graph as well. I'm at 381 now and without longtubes or exhaust so it looks promising that I will break the 400 barrier. I've never heard of people having problems with the SW exhaust though. Everyone that has it praises it and loves it so that's odd.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Good numbers. With that grind of cam though, I would've expected a little more. Have you had it tuned also? Or is that just turn key?

Yes, these cars "feel" slow compared especially when I drive them back to back, but I think a lot of that has to do with the more refined ride characteristics, better hushed interior, and the extra mass that you "feel".

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys i would like to post my graph but i not to good with computers if someone could tell me how i would.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the reason the car is a little short on the hp is because i advanced the cam 4 degrees to get more low end torque to move this heavy beast and as you can see i made 390 ft pounds i rather trade a few hp for 10-18 lbs of torque. when you have to move 3800 pounds of iron torque is valuable.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
410HP, MAN THAT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD, WHAT HEADS AND FROM WHERE? ARE THEY CNC'd OR HAND PORTED?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the heads are from total engine air flow they have a 9 second naturaly asperated 350 ci c5 that runs 9s using ported 5.3 heads they been porting heads for mustangs for years . remember when you buy heads nevermind this stage 123 crap find out what they flow and what size the runners are.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I agree. Just asking why it seemed a little on the low side.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
How did you ever find a Dynomax with a 3" inlet/outlet that fit where S/W wants you to put the mufflers? How's your ground clearance? They fit those 3 1/2" bullets in there pretty tight. I didn't think anything else could be put in there without a ground clearance issue, or moving muffs back to OEM location, which leaves you with a very short muffler. I wasn't able to find anything other than a Spintech which was 10-12" long in a 4x9 or so case that allowed for 3" plumbing.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Solid numbers. I guess the GTO may feel slower to some but i don't think the butt dyno tells you much. It is heavier than a stripped fbody and that you can feel, but i guess it depends on the person.

SW is too loud for you ? Are you running cats or no ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
With that much power you should trap close to 113mph if not more. Did u have a F-body before and how much HP did it have?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts