LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was cruising around in my 97 GTP (pulley, cat-back, intake) and came across an IS 300 on the highway. i could see right away that he had rims, lowered, and exhausts. i could also see through his windows that he tv's in the rear of the head rest, so i was guessing that he had some money into this car.

we pull along side each other and i downshift to 2 (so im ready for the action). we sort of taunt each other to see if we wanna go. he punches it first and i immediatly after. i started to pull on him but i had the advantage of being on the inside of a curve. we get up to about 90 and let off cause of traffic and safety concerns.

i think it was a pretty even match up. i think i may have had a little advantage over him.

all i could keep thinking was "in 3 days i will have my GTO, then i would have spanked him". hopin to run into him again so i can hand him his a$$

it was fun anyways. yes i know this isn't really a kill, but i thought it was the best section to be in.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Those are nice cars, I was actually considering that before the GOAT.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Lexus IS300's are nice solid well built cars that are nearly perfect as daily drivers. A friend of mine drives one and it has a "combo" transmission. It is an auto but also has the "paddle shifter" in the steering wheel for clutchless gear shifting out of auto mode. They are pretty quick and get about 25 mpg over all. But the GTO's are definitely faster. The only thing I didn't like is that they have 4 doors. But I wouldn't mind owning and driving an econorocket like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts