LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my SW headers are on. Thanks to Tom at Speed Inc. He stayed late last night to do them himself! Kudos!

First off, they rumble nicely. :D Unfortunately since I have the off-road pipe in place, WOT throttle is WAAYYYYY too raspy for me. This thing is flat out loud and cackly/crackly. If you're out for maximum HP numbers, go for it. Otherwise, Speed Inc, please get those cats in ASAP!!! Normal driving is near orgasmic though!

Here are some pics. I gotta head out for the night, so I won't be back at least until tomorrow to answer any Q's.
Enjoy.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Any questions? how is this one.. Dyno Numbers?

that last pic looks sweet.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Congrats. Birthday present to self? So you've got SW headers, test pipe, stock mid pipe, and Magnaflow mufflers? Did y'all pull a dyno, and if so, hows the A/F ratio looking?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Damn :)

I love the pic from the wheel well, holy crap that looks bad !!!

Enjoy those, man i got the mod itch really bad. Anybody want to knock off a bank :wall: JK

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Adam4356 said:
Anybody want to knock off a bank :wall: JK
Err..... You're not the guy with the grenade at 55th and St. Clair the other day are ya? :wall:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Man you beat me too it. Mother nature messed me up today. Hopefully this weekend, mine will be on. I was gonna start a thread showing the headers. But I will post them in here. Just to keep most of the header info together.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Adam4356 said:
Damn :)

I love the pic from the wheel well, holy crap that looks bad !!!

Enjoy those, man i got the mod itch really bad. Anybody want to knock off a bank :wall: JK
I'LL drive the get away car :wall:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Two questions for you both. Was the Header install difficult? Did you replace the exhaust or reuse the stock setup?

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
What did you do for bolts and gaskets? Just re-use the stock stuff?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way CMNT - but that makes your engine look much sexier. Just have to wait until after the wedding for mine...
Dan

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
JayStew said:
What did you do for bolts and gaskets? Just re-use the stock stuff?
I would guess reuse bolts with new gaskets. You never want to reuse an exhaust gasket, particularly if it was mated to a different part. Personally, I would prefer to use all stainless hardware, especially with an aluminum head.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Where would I find these gaskets? Size, thickness?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Oh...... my..... GOD!

I have GOT TO HAVE THOSE NOW!

You people are no good for me. Here I am, trying to be a responsible adult and well providing father... and I have to go and spend this month's house payment on headers.

Gee, thank for posting those pics. :p

Seriously, though, they look awesome and I can't wait to get some.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
JCMGTO said:
Man you beat me too it. Mother nature messed me up today. Hopefully this weekend, mine will be on. I was gonna start a thread showing the headers. But I will post them in here. Just to keep most of the header info together.
I cant wait till you get them on and I can hear them with the OEM cat back. I remember what the LTs did for my Z06, I want a set for the Goat soooo baaaaddddd.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Ok, my SW headers are on. Thanks to Tom at Speed Inc. He stayed late last night to do them himself! Kudos!

First off, they rumble nicely. :D Unfortunately since I have the off-road pipe in place, WOT throttle is WAAYYYYY too raspy for me. This thing is flat out loud and cackly/crackly. If you're out for maximum HP numbers, go for it. Otherwise, Speed Inc, please get those cats in ASAP!!! Normal driving is near orgasmic though!

Here are some pics. I gotta head out for the night, so I won't be back at least until tomorrow to answer any Q's.
Enjoy.

Maybe I need to be unemployed..........those are SWEET :thumbs: :drink:

Can we get some sound clips from your car? :D

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
TprGTO said:
Two questions for you both. Was the Header install difficult? Did you replace the exhaust or reuse the stock setup?
Hey Tpr,

The headers bolt up to the stock cat-back. On one of the early installs at Speed Inc., removing the stock cat-back yielded an addtional 4 HP. Not enough for me to worry about a new cat back yet.

The headers wrap around the stearing rack. It needs to be dropped. I do not have the means to do this so I am having Speed do it for me. Unfourtunatly, that means I have to wait until 7/22.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Guys. I did not install them, but I would presume that other than any necessary header bolts (to the heads), that all factory fasteners could be used. This set up WITH THE OFF-ROAD pipe replaces everything up to the flange for the cat-back as can be seen in JCM's pictures.

No dyno numbers yet for those asking. Tom promised me my dyno time next week. They are very busy and I wanted my car back for the weekend. I'm sure you all understand why. :D

I will tell you this, my LSD works just dandy as some kids in a Mercedes asked me to "light em up!" I kindly obliged and left them in a smoke show into third. :D

As a result, I had to clean some shredded rubber off my rear kick panel. Probably added a few more scratches too. :mad:

·
3,327 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
As a result, I had to clean some shredded rubber off my rear kick panel. Probably added a few more scratches too. :mad:
Oh the price we pay to have fun..... {sigh} :thumbs:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know!

My artwork is prominently displayed there still too. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow, those look nice! Going to have to order a set on Monday! :drink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts