LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple rough pencil sketches I came up with for a new GTO design. Just thought I would post them for the fun of it. Any commments (good or bad), won't hurt my feelings. I do like the 04 GTO. The more I look at it, the more I like it. Guess it kinda grows on you.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I think that'd make a real nice firebird / camaro replacement, IMHO.

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
I have also desgined my own car, it is somewhat similar to the GTO. http://www.geocities.com/dla_a190/xm320.html Its a very early sketch and it still needs a bit work, but I think its a pretty cool looking design. Tell me what ya'll think.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
2004_silver_GTO said:
The GTO was not intended as a "firebird / camaro replacement" rschumacherfan1...
I understand that completely. The car drawn here is obviously a 2 seater coupe - and the styling would fit a firebired / camaro replacement much better than a new GTO, IMHO.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Bret said:
Here's a couple rough pencil sketches I came up with for a new GTO design. Just thought I would post them for the fun of it. Any commments (good or bad), won't hurt my feelings. I do like the 04 GTO. The more I look at it, the more I like it. Guess it kinda grows on you.
I really like your concept. I still love the new GTO and hope to own one in a few months, but honestly, I would pick this car over the GTO out now. Very cool. :drink:

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
It screams F-body replacement to me. Maybe even something close to a Series VI or VII Mazda RX-7.

Mick

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll be The Judge

Bret said:
Now that's what I've been talking about! Yeah, it's a little rough, but it speaks, Gran Tourismo Omologtato. Maybe a little too retro, but right on!. Deeper grille, more pronounced beak with more prominant Ram intakes. Very GTO unique like the new Monte Carlos. No mistaking it for an Intrepid! The only thing I would like to see is a hood tach. I know, I know maybe a little too retro for some, but when I first saw that tach on that new '69, I was hooked.
GM needs you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts