LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I got nothin!!!
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone I'm going to the dealership asap to take care of a list of issues with the GOAT......a growing list....Anyone know about or dealt with James Wood GM in Corinth, TX some may know it as being in Denton... I went up there once with the controls on the steering wheel not working and they kinda looked at me stupid. And I dunno just didnt seem friendly at all but they did service the car.... And now i have the same problem again.........List of issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trouble shifting through gears...feels clunky. Sometimes have to try 2 times on any gear

Klunk or thud from tranny when shifting into 1st gear
Sometimes i hear it from the tranny and sometimes from the rear end...I can tell the sounds apart pretty clearly.

When shifting into 1st or reverse while at a stop the car sometimes kinda squats down just a little... i think maybe the clutch isnt disengaging all the way.

Slight whine from tranny when driving slowly in 1st gear. under 2000 rpm

Cloth or whatever it is insert coming off driver side door...havent checked pass side yet.

Controls on steering wheel messed up...took it in 1 time already the said loose connection and that they tightened it back up and it seemedto work fine for about a month....... cruise goes on and off..radion buttons dont do anything and if they do work they work diff things like volume up will change the cd or something........im expecting the phantom honk or something to happen next...........loose control contacts leadto fires.....had it happen in my f-150 ig you moved the tilt down to far it pulled the connection loose in the steering column...when i changed the connection it was bubbling around the edges like it gotreally hot and has burn marks on it

and

emergency brake is weak had them fix it once now it is loose again...

Ability to shift into reverse when driving down highway:barf:

·
420 rwhp / 390 rwtq
1,218 Posts
REDHAM said:
Trouble shifting through gears...feels clunky. Sometimes have to try 2 times on any gear

Klunk or thud from tranny when shifting into 1st gear
Sometimes i hear it from the tranny and sometimes from the rear end...I can tell the sounds apart pretty clearly.

When shifting into 1st or reverse while at a stop the car sometimes kinda squats down just a little... i think maybe the clutch isnt disengaging all the way.
All most likely due to the clutch not fully disengaging ie. a slave cylinder issue or pressure plate bolts torqued incorrectly.

REDHAM said:
Slight whine from tranny when driving slowly in 1st gear. under 2000 rpm
Normal

REDHAM said:
emergency brake is weak had them fix it once now it is loose again...
What do you mean by weak. This PARKING brake is designed to be like a light switch... on or off and no in between. You do need to give it a good yank to engage it nice an solidly.

REDHAM said:
Ability to shift into reverse when driving down highway:barf:
I have heard of peoples reverse lock out solenoid going bad, and clearly that seems to be the issue.

Good luck, I hope the dealer takes care of you. Expect that your car will be in the shop for at least a week and maybe 2.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
And as far as the steering wheel controls go; all they need to do is tighten up the terminals in the connector itself that is in the steering wheel behind airbag (not the ones at the base of column). A competant electrical tech should know how to do this, my '04' had the same problem, and that is how i fixed it.

On a side note: These connections will not start a fire in your car, there is little to no amperage going through them. The radio differentiates different resistance readings from the control buttons, that is why your volume up may change your station and so forth. It's seeing the wrong resistance reading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts