LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are email quotes after telling dealers ive heard GTO's driving off metro-Detroit area lots for as low as $25,500.

1)"I have great news! We currently have a few GTO's left in stock! The MSRP is $33,190.00 and your discounted price would be $31,732.78 plus tax and plate. GMAC is currently offering $3,500.00 in rebates on the GTO, which would take your total delivered price to $30,159.75. The prices advertised would probably include the GM employee discount which would also have another $1,000.00 rebate available for that discount plan. If you qualify for that, your total price would be $27,159.47. How does this sound?"

2)"The prices you are referring to are GMS minus $4,500 rebates.  Without GMS, the price will be $27,843 plus tax, etc. Price is without GMS discount and without a $1,000 rebate to GM employee's only."

Can you new owners especially help me out?

I am actually still waiting on 4 more dealer quotes. THANKS!

·
QWIK GTO
220 Posts
Well here is my quote. I still have the $750 Military Rebate and about $700 in GM card earnings to subtract from this. What you see is with all taxes, title and license fees. The only problem is they sold their last M6, they are trying to find me another one.

MSRP: $33,190.00

Local Dealer Price: $31,690.00

Tax: $956.67 (add $199.00, then 3% of sales price)

License: $29.50

Title: $20.00

Dealer Business License: $63.38 (.002% of sale price)

Processing fee: $199.00

Total Cash Price Delivered: $32,958.55

Certificate: $500.00 (subtract)

GMAC Rebate: $3500.00 (subtract)

Total Down Payment: ?.?? (Subtract)

Unpaid Balance: $28,958.55

Subtract my GM card and Military Rebate = $27,508.55

I hope they can find me one in IMB or Red.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just got a call re A4 pricing - just gmac rebate and certs - 24,900 - they have 4 on the lot - sil/red, Barbados/blk, Torrid/blk, Blk/blk. On his first call he told me 26 something. I said "man that is way to high....I am looking around 24,500 after a couple of cert's." He replies - "oh yeah - I think we have some of those....let me call you right back." , which he did with the price at the beginning.

I know there is more profit there, but I am willing to pay a little more if I can have it as painless and polite as this.....

·
11 second Club
1,452 Posts
tmac4468 said:
Just got a call re A4 pricing - just gmac rebate and certs - 24,900 - they have 4 on the lot - sil/red, Barbados/blk, Torrid/blk, Blk/blk. On his first call he told me 26 something. I said "man that is way to high....I am looking around 24,500 after a couple of cert's." He replies - "oh yeah - I think we have some of those....let me call you right back." , which he did with the price at the beginning.

I know there is more profit there, but I am willing to pay a little more if I can have it as painless and polite as this.....

sweet man! i hope ya get it. that would make a total of 5 Goats in corpus :)

·
05/06 AEROFORCE HERE NOW!!!
2,352 Posts
Dano said:
Well here is my quote. I still have the $750 Military Rebate and about $700 in GM card earnings to subtract from this. What you see is with all taxes, title and license fees. The only problem is they sold their last M6, they are trying to find me another one.
Where did you find the military rebate to be $750...straight from gm.com it says "Active members and Reserves of the U.S. military get $500 bonus cash, in addition to current offers available from GM."

I'm supposed to get $500...let me know if there is more out there.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Snafu said:
Where did you find the military rebate to be $750...straight from gm.com it says "Active members and Reserves of the U.S. military get $500 bonus cash, in addition to current offers available from GM."

I'm supposed to get $500...let me know if there is more out there.

Check the date of the post. :secret:

·
05/06 AEROFORCE HERE NOW!!!
2,352 Posts
Miss-our-GTO said:
Check the date of the post. :secret:
Ohh...didn't catch that :zzz:

Didn't realize this got dug up from a few months ago...that makes more sense now.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Dano said:

MSRP: $33,190.00

Local Dealer Price: $31,690.00

Tax: $956.67 (add $199.00, then 3% of sales price)

License: $29.50

Title: $20.00

Dealer Business License: $63.38 (.002% of sale price)

Processing fee: $199.00

Total Cash Price Delivered: $32,958.55

Certificate: $500.00 (subtract)

GMAC Rebate: $3500.00 (subtract)

Total Down Payment: ?.?? (Subtract)

Unpaid Balance: $28,958.55

Subtract my GM card and Military Rebate = $27,508.55

I hope they can find me one in IMB or Red.

Dano, that Dealer Business license fee is probably just additional profit for the dealers. Refuse to pay it. Same goes for the $199 processing fee. Just another dealer trick to reach into your back pocket. I bought my IBM M6 in Early Sept for 27,095 without a military rebate or any GM card savings. Insisty they give you at least two of the $500 instant value certificates. It's a buyer's market.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Snafu said:
Ohh...didn't catch that :zzz:

Didn't realize this got dug up from a few months ago...that makes more sense now.
The dark side of sometimes using the "search" feature, resurected threads. :gr_jest:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mikesan said:
....that Dealer Business license fee is probably just additional profit for the dealers. Refuse to pay it.

Same goes for the $199 processing fee. Just another dealer trick to reach into your back pocket.

No it may not be, doing a google, Virgina imposes a license fee on a retailer based on their gross sales. So the dealer just passes it on. The problem with governments that pass specific tax measures, is that they never think they will be passed on to the consumer. The consumer who ultimately pays for the government in multiple different ways. Been working to change my home phone service, and was knocked out by all the various charges on our phone/cable bills that are governement related. http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/dta/New_Businesses.htm

Also during the google, found that a processing fee is allowed under VA law as long as it is posted in the showroom. And get this, it is sales taxable :eek2:

As far as the deal numbers go, look at the post date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts