LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Beautiful Ute man!! Its good to hear you like the rev shift mounts. I have had a set of Hinson motor mounts sitting around for awhile and really need to install them. Good luck getting down to the low 12s. Oh yeah the Russel's brake lines are such an awesome mod for the money.
Thanks mate, the revshifts are great but I'm sure the hinsons will be just as good. I would have prefered the shorter hinsons to get a little more clearance for the otr but just came down to cost. Happy with the russell lines too, neat fit and no leaks.
Hot as hell here now so will prob wait till it cools off a bit before I hit the track again.

Since I fitted the monaro front end the back was looking a little daggy. Had a maloo tailgate but without the rear bar you end up with 2 spots for the number plates.

Picked up a maloo rear bar cheap but needed repairs and paint.

Bought some 4 inch dynamax double edged tips from summit that I rubbed back and painted in high temp. Waited till the mrs was out of house and gave them and a hr in the oven.

Got the bar back from the panel beater and fitted it all up. Looks pretty sweet now. Just need some of the newer style tail lights to finish it off.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
372 Posts
You have no idea how INsANeLY jealous I am. We were promised this awesome machine back in 2007/2008, but when Gub-mint Motors (a.k.a. G.M.) dropped the Pontiac lineup, we not only lost one of the best car lines in American History, but also lost the chances of getting this Holden Ute imported.

...If you didn't know, it was going to get a Chevrolet Name, with Pontiac badging (Pontiac El Camino), which didn't sit well with a few purists...

Anyway, that thing looks like something right out of the Batman series-especially with those seats/headrests. Just on merit alone, that this is AWESOME! I love what you did to it! I just wish we had them stateside...which may happen (fingers crossed) before the line gets dropped in 2017.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
Thanks mate, the revshifts are great but I'm sure the hinsons will be just as good. I would have prefered the shorter hinsons to get a little more clearance for the otr but just came down to cost. Happy with the russell lines too, neat fit and no leaks.
Hot as hell here now so will prob wait till it cools off a bit before I hit the track again.

Since I fitted the monaro front end the back was looking a little daggy. Had a maloo tailgate but without the rear bar you end up with 2 spots for the number plates.

Picked up a maloo rear bar cheap but needed repairs and paint.

Bought some 4 inch dynamax double edged tips from summit that I rubbed back and painted in high temp. Waited till the mrs was out of house and gave them and a hr in the oven.

Got the bar back from the panel beater and fitted it all up. Looks pretty sweet now. Just need some of the newer style tail lights to finish it off.

That looks so good!

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts

·
Administrator
7,995 Posts
...If you didn't know, it was going to get a Chevrolet Name, with Pontiac badging (Pontiac El Camino), which didn't sit well with a few purists...
The name was always to be the G8 ST.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts