LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
AUSGTO - Parts are getting thin? I don't want to hear that!

wozza, if you need help with parts shout out. Pedders is non-existent Stateside. I needed a part, so I ordered from Monkfish Performance near Milton Keynes. I have a friend in Cambridge who is going to forward the part to me. Just sayin'...

Sweet car. Best of luck achieving your dream!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey Wozza, where are you located in the UK? If you're familiar with or near Suffolk, I'm stationed here with my 06 GTO (RAF Mildenhall). I haven't really driven it all that much because of the narrow and bumpy back roads, but I do take it out from time to time! If you are nearby or know of any meets over the next few months, let me know!
I'm up north in Manchester, although I tend to get around a bit when it comes to meets. A few of us were at Mildenhall last year for the car show they had, I drove down for it as it was about 2 days after the car was back on the road. After my accident and it being off the road for a few months, excuse to go for a drive basically.

Should get it out and give it some death over some of our nice little country roads though! Although if you have driven a car over them, you're probably aware of why the hot hatch rules over here. You just can't keep with them over those kinds of roads.

Should get yourself signed up to V8UK. Links for the forum are below. As long as it has a V8 it's welcome at the meets. So you get a bit of everything turning up. Which is good, then there is the Pistonheads HSV/Monaro section for everything Monaro / VXR8. National meet in Yorkshire is in a bit over a week. Although I will be on the UK Power Tour which is finishing at York Raceway where the national meet is on the same day. This upcoming bank holiday weekend. (if you can make it, get signed up to one of them.)

www.v8uk.co.uk

And the face book.
https://www.facebook.com/VEightUK?fref=ts

Wish they had more GTO's/Monaros up here (Leeds)….
Not that far away, actually bought it from a guy in Leeds. Only in Manchester, few of us around the north west though. Guessing you will be at the National meet? I'm there on the Monday with the power tour.

AUSGTO - Parts are getting thin? I don't want to hear that!

wozza, if you need help with parts shout out. Pedders is non-existent Stateside. I needed a part, so I ordered from Monkfish Performance near Milton Keynes. I have a friend in Cambridge who is going to forward the part to me. Just sayin'...

Sweet car. Best of luck achieving your dream!
Was actually at Monkfish the other day, how I got the cheap GMM. They are the guys who tend to look after my car. Bit of a mission to get it too them, around a 3 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
That trunk space looks much more proper than our factory fuel-celled one lol.

·
2006 SRM 6SPD
1,057 Posts
How can we fit the stock gas tank underneath like the AU cars? I know it will be a different tank and floor pan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
How can we fit the stock gas tank underneath like the AU cars? I know it will be a different tank and floor pan.
Would be a lot of work, exhaust would have to be changed to 04 exit. Which I am guessing some wouldn't like as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Should get it out and give it some death over some of our nice little country roads though! Although if you have driven a car over them, you're probably aware of why the hot hatch rules over here. You just can't keep with them over those kinds of roads.
Yes, I've driven around a couple of times. The farthest I've been with the car is to Heathrow and then down to Ipswitch. To be honest, when I drive, I'm a bit paranoid that I'm going to be ticketed from a cctv monitor, so I drive timid and scared haha :nonono:

Should get yourself signed up to V8UK. Links for the forum are below. As long as it has a V8 it's welcome at the meets. So you get a bit of everything turning up. Which is good, then there is the Pistonheads HSV/Monaro section for everything Monaro / VXR8. National meet in Yorkshire is in a bit over a week. Although I will be on the UK Power Tour which is finishing at York Raceway where the national meet is on the same day. This upcoming bank holiday weekend. (if you can make it, get signed up to one of them.) .
Thanks for the info! I will keep tabs on the events. I am committed to a camping trip up near Hadrons wall, so I will be missing the power tour unfortunately.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts