LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
potatoes gonna potate.
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i gave up on the heat shield and extended my new era to under the fender...
before:

after:

i still need to:
-clean up the hole
-make a splash shield
-maybe get a new filter

the throttle response is way better now. checked the IAT on the predator and average is 105* in sunny and hot florida. it definitely makes a difference because i started it up and the IAT was 138* and once i started going, the temps kept going down to 98* after 10 min of driving. oh, and is it bad if the intake pipe is touching the frame? the filter gave me fitment issues.

·
The Mechanic
1,929 Posts
the throttle response is way better now. checked the IAT on the predator and average is 105* in sunny and hot florida. it definitely makes a difference because i started it up and the IAT was 138* and once i started going, the temps kept going down to 98* after 10 min of driving. oh, and is it bad if the intake pipe is touching the frame? the filter gave me fitment issues.
Nice looking, I'll be glad when I can do that to mine (waiting on warranty). The only thing I can think of that might happen is, over time the frame might rub a hole in the tube. Can you put something soft between it and the frame, like tape a big piece of rubber around the pipe in that spot. If the spot is rubbing underneath and you dont care about the looks under there. Maybe even tape (double sided tape) the rubber to the frame instead.
Or are you talking about right where the tube goes through the frame. If so you could just double up on the black stuff you already put there in that picture.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Get some black door edge molding for that hole, works great and looks professional.

·
Cavalier Limo Edt.
988 Posts
Did you extend your wires to relocate the IAT to the filter? Because it seems like it would not reach being that the filter is fender mounted.

Looking to do the same "hardcore" style intake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts