LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Those things look very nice! Get them on quick and get us some dyno numbers, please... :cool:
I know there are several people waiting for someone independent to dyno these.

Later,

Enrique

04redgto said:
My Jba headers came in now just have to beable to find time to install!! Thanks to Tbyrne for getting me a great deal and super fast shipping.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
very nice looking headers, i bet you cant wait to install them.

good luck man :)

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Is this powertrain warranty friendly? Or do you have to kiss your 3/36 goodbye?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
desertgoat said:
Is this powertrain warranty friendly? Or do you have to kiss your 3/36 goodbye?
From what I've read the shorties are warranty friendly because they do not remove or relocate the stock cats. At least, that's what I hope. Mine will go on by Tuesday along with the RT cats!

Doc

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
How many times do I have to post this.

Anytime you alter your car from stock by not using OEM parts, you run the risk of voiding your warranty. However, most dealers will correlate the cause and effect matter. If you install headers and a power window goes out, there is no correlation, hence they have no real grounds to void your warranty. Installing a set of headers does nothing more than a CAI does, just on opposite end.

Secondly, removal or relocation of the cats isn't a GM warranty issue. It's a Federal mandate issue. However, as I've posted many a time, no one outside of California really checks, especially at emissions tests. If the geezer who tests your car even gets down on his wobbly knees to look, all he cares is if there is a set there. He has no idea how GM from the factory did it, nor does he care, just that they're in place. Trust me, I've tested my heads and cammed motor that has long tube headers, random tech cats and Y-Pipe twice now. Quit being a bunch of pansies! :D

And Paul, I honestly don't think you'll remove and replace the headers with the stock manifolds for any warranty service. When you install them, get back to me if you still plan on going through this level of work to simply take your car in.

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CMNTMXR57 said:
And Paul, I honestly don't think you'll remove and replace the headers with the stock manifolds for any warranty service. When you install them, get back to me if you still plan on going through this level of work to simply take your car in.
Man take it easy, trust me if i had to put in work to save $1000's in repair work i would do it.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
After a few bruised and scratched knuckles, and using every curse word in the profanity dictionary, get back to me. I'm not discounting you, but I didn't fall off the turnup truck yesterday. :D

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
If you did have a problem needing to use your powertrain warranty obviously whatever has happend isn't good enough for your vehicle and should be upgraded. One train of thought.

The warranty i'm serious on keeping is for AC the radio, window motors, electrical problems. Thoes are the GTO specific stuff that will cost big dollars. Like $300+ for a window motor etc. All of which parts are unassoicated with any drivetrain modifications.

Maybe I can install the JBAs Paul, just have to find time. PM me if you wish.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
GMH GTO said:
If you did have a problem needing to use your powertrain warranty obviously whatever has happend isn't good enough for your vehicle and should be upgraded. One train of thought.
You and I think that way, GM DOESN'T!

Trust me, it's been tried! :D

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If GM voids the warranty well then JBA will have some explaining to do since they advertise that they dont void. I believe you Cmnt, but if i had to do it i would but i shouldnt because of what JBA advertises.

Right now the plan is to get them installed 10/23. My brother and a friend were going to help out but we all could most likely use your experinece so let me know what time would be good on that Saturday the 23rd and i will let you know.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Per the Magnusson/Moss act, GM has to prove that the headers caused the mechanical failure you're bringing the car in for. Like I repeatedly post, if you put them on and your power window motor fails, they have no grounds to deny you warranty coverage.

However, if you install those headers, the headers allow the engine to breath better, it breathing better means it'll rev up quicker, and if you let it get away from you, bounce it off the rev limiter a few times, bend pushrods and possibly other damage, then they do have legitimate feet to stand on and deny coverage and there is nothing JBA can post or say about it. That is unless JBA wants to foot the bill.

However, there are plenty of GM dealers that follow GM's letter of the law and if they see ANY (and I do mean ANY) non-OEM modification, they'll deny you any coverage. That's where you can say something and use that Mag/Moss act to argue.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
You and I think that way, GM DOESN'T!

Trust me, it's been tried! :D
upgraded under my own funding :rolleyes:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You didn't clarify that. :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
How many times do I have to post this.
28,673 times. It is a well known fact that you have to tell a child something 15 times on average before they learn it. I suspect that grownups are worse. Multiply that by how many people we have on the board and....well you get the idea......

:drink::drink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts