LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its time to add a bit more power to my banana. Been runnin 371 RWHP for about 6 months now and need a change. Expecially today when I was pretty much neck and neck with an IS350. Albeit I was on his ass in the turn and had to slow down, coming out of the turn (with me behind) I was barely gaining on him. Ok so this is the setup Im going for.

Heads: TSP PRC Stg 2.5 5.3 L

Cam: Torquer V.3 or MS4

SLP underdrive pully.

So what does everyone predict for numbers or do they have a better setup in mond in the same price range. This H&C setup from TSP is $1659

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumparoo

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts
Magic Stick 4 is too big.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cmon guys you can talk all day about stupid shit in the lounge then when a "real" question comes around everyones a lurker. And no "MS4 is too big crap".

·
Registered
995 Posts
You know what I would vote for:D

·
PANCAKE CITY
1,622 Posts
The V4 has a tiny difference from the V3
V4 239/242 .649/.609
V3 237/242 .603/.609

Bigger Intake and Big Lift

I'm Going with the V3 after I get my clutch in

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I'm almost positive you will not have enough PTV clearance with the Stage 2.5 heads and the MS4, seems like the MS3 fits tho.

I'm going to be going with the Dart Stg. II heads with the MS4 when I decide to do it all. I'm pretty sure they will fit. I would inquire with them first. They flow just as well as ETP's and AFR's but you save ~$500....I would make sure they no longer have the smoking problem that the initial batch had, I'm pretty sure they got that worked out. If not, the LS6 Stg. I heads flow real well and are a bargain....just make sure you get PRC springs on both these set-ups. The LS6 Stg 2.5 heads will NOT fit, I have asked already and they will not clear.

As far as power expectancy, I would say the MS3 and those heads should get you at or over 450rwHP.....but it depends on the dyno as well.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^ So are you recommending that I get LS6 Stg 1 heads instead of the 5.3 Stg 2.5 heads? Also it seems like your saying that I should get the MS3 over the Torquer V.3

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Oh4GTO said:
^^^^ So are you recommending that I get LS6 Stg 1 heads instead of the 5.3 Stg 2.5 heads? Also it seems like your saying that I should get the MS3 over the Torquer V.3
If you want to go with the MS4, you will HAVE to go with the LS6 Stg 1 heads. I very highly doubt the MS4 will clear with the 5.3 Stg. 2.5 heads, unless you want to flycut which will cost you more $$$.

As far as the MS3 v. Torquer v.3, it really depends on what you want out of the car. The Torq. v.3 will give you a better low-end and still pull pretty hard up to redline. The MS3 will start making most of it's power in the midrange and really shines as you increase the revs. Some would argue that the Torq v.3 is more streetable, but there are plenty of people who say the MS3, as well as the MS4 are very driveable....altho drivability is a rather subjective matter in itself.

It really depends on your driving style. If you really like to just romp on the car every once in a while and get knocked back into your seat, go with the v.3. If you like those high speed runs where the car just keeps pulling more and more thru the RPM range, I would go with the MS3. The MS3 will make more peak power, while the v.3 will make it's peak power a bit lower in the RPM range, not to mention it's very flat and broad torque range.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did more research an noticed the difference between the two heads. Im going with the LS6 heads. As far as cams it will either be the MS4 or a custom cam that I have specs for.

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Are you working with anyone to match up your head/cam choices or just picking them out? I ask because you want a total package that is designed to perfom well low/mid/high rpm ranges.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Make sure you tell Jason or whoever your talking to at TSP what cam you want so they can make sure everything is going to work well together. Jason, Trevor and the rest of the guys there are generally pretty helpful.

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im matching everything together. Not just random stuff. Ive been researching and calculating for quite some time now. The specs on the torquer cam are 224/228 .637/.639 110LSA. This thing should have numbers almost good as the MS4 but a lot more torque from 2K and up. It uses LSK lobes so Im going to have to shim the PRC springs. Are the MS4 lobes LSK? If they are then I think the cam would be a no brainer. Cuz I was a little worried about the durability of the springs with that much lift on LSK lobes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts