61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Outlaw Rebel
2,818 Posts
DAMN! very nice goat!

·
GTOrgasm
385 Posts
I bought my GTO from Jones as well.. if you bought the service contract with your GAP insurance you need to drop me a line.

I wouldn't have bought one of the Yellow GTO's at Jones...I'm fairly certain that I left DNA all over the M6 that I test drove, I liked it alot. :)

·
RIP 8/29/05 "The Katrina GTO"
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
SCGoatMan said:
I bought my GTO from Jones as well.. if you bought the service contract with your GAP insurance you need to drop me a line.

I wouldn't have bought one of the Yellow GTO's at Jones...I'm fairly certain that I left DNA all over the M6 that I test drove, I liked it alot. :)
what color is yours?

·
GTOrgasm
385 Posts
Quick Silver with no mods

·
The Psycho 10 sec. Goat
1,968 Posts
Fritostud said:
I think $8k would be a bargain on this one. As long as the engine wasn't started when it was under water, then it should still be good.. And there are a bunch of other salvageable parts on it too!!
Well, quite a bit of the glass was busted out by flying pebbles. What do you think that did to the sheet metal? Flood damage wasted the entire interior. How do you think the electronics did being soaked for 4+ days?

Okay, things that are probably okay include the rims and tires, engine (if, as you say, nobody tried to crank it) transmission, the drivetrain. Brakes & suspension pieces. Piston rings are still made from iron, right? At least, they aren't corrosion resistant stainless steel. Sounds like a re-ring job. What are cam and main bearings made from and how well do they stand up to prolonged exposure to water? Odds are they are okay, but it only takes one bad one.

I don't think $8k would be a bargain at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Pontiac-GTO-NO-Reserve-Repairable-Runs-and-Drives_W0QQitemZ4578988418QQcategoryZ7244QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That is a bargain.

As for the owner, glad you made it through, good to hear you got another GTO and welcome to the list.

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
those pics remind me of my goat, i lost in wilma, but there was rly no sand line cause the entire thing was submerged, the horror......like u i got another one, the wait was so very painful, i feel for u though

61 - 67 of 67 Posts