LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
you may want to use the roadkill center pad behind the 6.5" if they are muddy. that is its purpose, absorb and deaden back waves. also, under the dash tweeter location, I laid down closed cell foam strips all over that area. might not be necessary for tweeters but definitely does not hurt, if it is your tweeters that are muddy. one other thing i did, all that area in rear panel can use some dynomat, maybe not to cover but at least spaced to deaden. a lot of road noise comes in through there.
Did you see I put jute stuffed in the rear panel and sound deadening on the inner part inside the car. I thought about doing it to the body of the car but I didn’t feel like it. My car is much quieter since I sound deadened the doors, so I wasn’t too worried about it.

·
Wol Gemut
3,407 Posts
yes, i saw that, I see that more as deadening back waves that deadening the road noise that is running through those panels. but u could be right, i am no expert, but i do know what worked for me, my car is very quiet.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
i would have deadened the QP.
yes, i saw that, I see that more as deadening back waves that deadening the road noise that is running through those panels. but u could be right, i am no expert, but i do know what worked for me, my car is very quiet.
I would have also deadened the outer skin as much as possible.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts