LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back from the hospital after dropping off my mom at the hospital to be admitted for walking pneumonia, I was coming home quitely enjoying my car which I have never driven at night before.

As usual, I was justmindinmyownbeeswax at a stoplight and revving my engine to hear that sweet exhaust sound when guess what pulls up to my right. You got it...a brand new 4 door black (or so I thought) BMW 330i. Really nice car, nice wheels, same dual tipped exhaust on the driver side, tires look wider than our 245's....

Well the guy looks at me and rolls up his window and shuts off his music. Uh-oh....somebody wants to relive a now famous GTO commercial at a stoplight late at night. He didn't have his windows tinted and the guy smiles at me, about mid 40's and his right hand never left the steering wheel. So I figured an auto. I have my windows tinted pretty dark so I gave him a last glimpse of my toothy smile before I rolled up the passenger window.

I look at the opposite light and as soon as I saw yellow, I revved to about 2500 and when green hit, my left foot released the clutch. Omigod what a beautiful launch! Just a hint of a chirp, no hop, no wheel spin. The BMW still left the intersection fatser than me through first. I have no idea why I waited till about 4000 to shift to second but I did. When I hit second we were dead even. I then shifted to 2-3 and he was gone from my view. When I hit 3-4 he was a couple car lengths behind.

We both came to the next stop and it was then I realized it was a navy blue BMW. We both rolled our windows and the guy shouted.....you wouldn't believe this...

"Nice car! Just like the commercial!"

Since GM never showed us how that commercial ended, I guess now we know....The BMW 4 door 330i is a very nice car but definitely no match for the humble goat. Especially a goat mindinitsowngoatbusiness...

:hail:

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Next time, let me know and I'll be there to film it! :hail:

·
duh
1,214 Posts
Nice :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts