LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted something different but not too crazy and I haven't seen anyone just paint the black part yet, so I thought why not give it a shot, I really liked how they turned out.... I only used spray paint too, got a blue metallic and a high temp clear, not too bad for 5 bucks in paint....

·
Custom User Title
676 Posts
Nice! I've been thinking of doing that to mine.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
nice! Are the rail covers difficult to remove?

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, real easy, they are attached at four points, just lift up gentely on each corner and the pop right off... i'm glad u guys like em!

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
That is how I'm thinking of doing mine. Maybe looks like a little winter project might be in order. Nice!

·
What the **** is an internet?
62 Posts
That looks great! :hail: . A few questions for ya. What kind of paint did you use and what did you use to mask the letters off with?

·
Gentlemen, behold!
160 Posts
PonchoDan said:
That looks great! :hail: . A few questions for ya. What kind of paint did you use and what did you use to mask the letters off with?
I'm curious, too. Nice job on the covers. They look great!

-Chris

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i cleaned the black part real good, and then just used a metallic blue spray paint from pep boys and bought a high temp clear coat out of the spray can. put about four coats of color on, basicly to get around the letters and four coats of clear. i just used masking tape and an exacto knife to mask off the letters.... hope that answered your questions, any others you guys/gals might think of, feel free to ask! and thanks again for the positive feed back!

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pontiac does make the spary, but it is way expensive to be buying for just painting plastic covers, but if you got the money, which im trying to save, then go for it! i just figured this was a cheap and easy appearence mod.... would have loved to spend some money and get all of both peices painted(not the same color, but like a two tone), but i just couldnt justify it right now....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts