·
Army Acquisition Corp Officer
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Pedders Justice Package Review & Pics Of EP2275 1" & EP2643 1/2" Drop

The following was taken from my Car Domain:

Sunday, October 1, 2006
Mileage: 2,400

I just had the Pedders Justice suspension package installed during the week of 9/25-9/29/06 at Rossi Pontiac in Washington, NJ. The following were the Pedders parts (with Pedders part numbers, descriptions, and prices taken from http://www.peddersusa.com/Solution_GTO.htm) that were installed on the GTO.

2275 GTO Front Coil Low 1" Drop $74.55
2275 GTO Front Coil Low 1" Drop $74.55
2643 GTO Rear Coil 1/2" Drop $90.00
2643 GTO Rear Coil 1/2" Drop $90.00
4658 GTO GSR Strut Tower Bar $182.82
5030 GTO Strut Bearing $31.82
5030 GTO Strut Bearing $31.82
5403 GTO Rear Camber Kit $138.18
5409 GTO HD Radius Rod Arm $59.09
5409 GTO HD Radius Rod Arm $59.09
5851 GTO Strut Mount $35.45
5851 GTO Strut Mount $35.45
9985L GTO GSR Strut $200.91
9985R GTO GSR Strut $200.91
9195 GTO GSR Big Bore Rear Shock $135.45
9195 GTO GSR Big Bore Rear Shock $135.45
424209 GTO Front Sway Bar HD Endlinks $50.00
424209 GTO Front Sway Bar HD Endlinks $50.00
EP1145 GTO X Member Mount $156.36
EP2105 Steering Bush kit $20.00
EP513 GTO Rear Sway Bar Bush $25.46
EP613/17 GTO Rear Sway Bar Bush $17.27
EP6500 GTO Lower Inner Urethane Control Arm Bush $42.00
EP7023 GTO IRS Inner Lower Arm Urethane Bush $38.13
EP9019 GTO Urethane Radius Rod Bush Rear Bush $27.27
EP9166 GTO Castor Adjustable Radius Rod Front Bush $240.91
EPC27 GTO Front Sway Bar Bushing $18.80

I also had a rear cradle alignment and a 4-wheel alignment performed.

This doesn't foot and is less than what it should be, but the total Justice package per the website costs $2,112.64. With tax, that's $2,259.84. I also ordered part number EP1157, the rear differential insert, which costs $50. Labor was $1,837.74 including tax. So, total price for everything was $4,147.58.

Here's a comparison of the GTO before the suspension installation and after the installation.

BEFORE.

AFTER.

The GTO in the BEFORE pic has slightly more wheel gap. The rear is also sitting lower than the front. The GTO in the AFTER pic has less wheel gap and seems to exhibit a slight rake down going frontwards.

Here are more AFTER-Pedders install images.

Here's the GTO's new Pedders adjustable strut tower brace.

After driving the car for at least 400 miles on the same day that I got it back, all I could say is that there was very little, if any, increase in noise, vibration, or harshness (NVH)--and that's on both North Jersey roads and South Jersey roads which have the reputation of being terrible. I've never driven the car aggressively on turns or autocrossed the car (and will never do so) so I can't say that I noticed any handling improvements. All I can say is that I now have the peace of mind of knowing that my car's suspension is perfect. I am no longer in danger of the leaking/blown strut epidemic. There's no chance that my tires will wear down prematurely from strut rub. And I have no fear of any of my bushings wearing down prematurely.

Special thanks to Frank Beck, Mike Rossi, and the service department techs at Rossi Pontiac for their excellent customer service and installation work. Special thanks again to Frank Beck for the free 1-week Chevrolet Malibu loaner. (Frank, on two occasions, the Malibu didn't shift from 1st gear. Other than that, it did a good job in getting me from point A to point B.)

·
TACHNUP
2,310 Posts
That's gotta be as perfect of a ride height that a GTO can get. Looks good.

·
Registered
734 Posts
All I can say is I wish I had your money!!!1 Looks awesome!!!!!!

·
Slow Guy, Fast Car
1,067 Posts
Looks great!

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
So move your head down so your looking up at the monitor
lol that actually made me laugh. Maybe one day we'll have the technology to change angles of a picture by looking at it from different angles. and i hope to live till that day. but for now. it just hurts my neck trying to do that. i hope your willing to cover my chiroprator bill.

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
That stance looks terrific!! I plan on getting the Serious Street kit for my car next month but my one concern is clearance. Not over speed bumps or curbs, but steep entrances and drives. Let me know if you have any issues with this (or anyone else with the 1' front drop).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Clearance issues

I live on a pretty steep drive, and I have the justice package on my car. I don't have any issues pulling in or out from the road, but if I go in on the one side of my garage, I'll actually bottom the center of the car out (not on the exterior body, but underneath where there is an exhause coupling). Other than that, haven't had any issues.

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
damn $4k!!! it does look good though. So the ride is just as smooth as when the car was stock? Its not all stiff where you can feel every bump in the rode?

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
Blown_Red_97z said:
damn $4k!!! it does look good though. So the ride is just as smooth as when the car was stock? Its not all stiff where you can feel every bump in the rode?
Is it a daily driver? Seems too much $$ for me...but to each their own.

·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jamesbiz said:
i wish you took the pics at the same levels so i could see an exact comparison.
Me too. I didn't think about it before I dropped the car off at the dealership. I just realized that I should have when I saw that the pics my 14-year-old brother took, when I first bought the car, didn't have any straight-up side shots, but I thought he took great shots anyway. I also wished that we had technology to 3-dimensionally change the angles of pictures.

·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blown_Red_97z said:
After driving over the usual bumpy Garden State Parkway to work today and driving back home (for the first time since the installation), I felt that the bumps were only more pronounced when I went over the bigger ones. Other than that, the ride's absolutely tolerable and nothing to complain about. It should be the last thing in the world to keep a GTO owner from upgrading to any well-put-together suspension package.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts