LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To GTO fans:

My name is J.R. and as of the date of 1/24/2006 I am no longer associated with the company named Arrowhead Performance LLC. The reasoning behind this is due to the emotional rollercoaster that I have been on since I have been associated with the company. Because of my lack of due diligence, I was unaware of the unfavorable standings of the company when I chose to become involved with it. I, as some of you have experienced, am a man of my word.
With that said, myself and my business partners are discontinuing to do business with Arrowhead Performance LLC. However, I enjoy the business as a whole and want to continue to provide Quality parts to the GTO community. My partners and myself are in the process of developing a new company to continue to do so. This does not mean that Arrowhead Performance is out of buisness this only means that I will not be apart of it and will be going on to a new venture.
Some of you may feel as thought this is a ploy to persuade the general public to come back and purchase our products. All I can say is “There is nothing farther from the truth”. For those few of you that have dealt with me and feel that I have been a man of my word, feel free to come along with us. If not, I completely understand. Bad press is hard to overcome. I am not here to tell you that I can make all the wrongs that happened in the past better. I am simply letting you, the public, know where myself and my partners stand. I am an accomplished businessman and when it comes to business and customer service I feel like I have a pretty good grasp.
For the record Dan Long will absolutely not be affiliated with our new business venture. I repeat, Dan will NOT be involved. This is not to persuade you in any way. This is to simply state my position. As far as orders made previous to this announcement, I will honor any orders made directly to me and any orders that I have said I will take care of.
I am sure there are many of you that had problems in the past and I wish I could take care of all of you but there has to be a point where I stop making up for mistakes that I did not make. I cannot continue to take good money and put it with bad. That is another reason I have decided to venture on my own. I am the owner of another very successful business, and have high expectations that this could be another successful venture.
This is not about “raising the SS AP”, this is about building a better business. It’s about providing a service and a product to the customer. If there is one thing about me, I will absolutely not lie. Good, Bad, or indifferent I will tell you how it is. In closing, if you would like to give myself and my partners a chance, we welcome your business. If not, that is ok too.
At this point I have no information on what the new company will be called and what phone numbers we will have. I will keep you informed once that information becomes available. I will not be responding to this thread. I will watch it and see what people have to say, but until we are ready to provide you with more information I will not be responding. I can tell you that once we have parts in stock, boxes to ship them, and things to sell I will post again and let you know.

Thanks for your time and I will let you know where we land…

J.R.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
you have a tough road ahead......everyone will be watching and almost no one will trust you. You will have to earn it all one sale at a time.....but sounds like your committed.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
I guess we're all just curious on what your input to the aftermarket will be. there are a lot of companies out there that sells others products but if you design your own product (like Arrowhead does) that would be exellent

·
Registered
949 Posts
Nice write up and good luck.

·
My cars are my life
1,137 Posts
You're position with Arrowhead is a lot better than most of their customers, i.e. - Bent over and taking it with no grease.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Ever thought about a name change or moving to another country?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Coming forward to this forum and announcing his plans is a good sign. He could very well have just started a new company while AP was still operating and we never would have known the connection. AP could have gone out of business several months later and he could have announced that he had bought the rights to all APs former products. Looks like a first good step.

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Honesty is the best policy! By the sounds of JR, there is hope! GL Mate!

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
It'll be interesting to see if they can sell all the AP products and how their deal with Fiber Concepts is going to work out. I thought they owned all the molds, so if Fiber Concepts is still in the picture we're going to run into the same supplier problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
J.R. You took care of me with some guages I thought I would never get. I had high hopes for you for a while and then it looked as if I was wrong. The bad press on AP just kept comming. No with this public announcement it looks as if you might fly clear of it.
Just always keep your word as you have done so far and all will be good.

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
From the posts that i have read of yours and posts about you personally, i honestly considered buying something from ap even knowing about their issues. when you get this new company off the ground be sure to let us know. just an idea but for your first batch of customers you might try doing the sale C.O.D. this way the customer doesnt pay till he knows he has something. might ease some peoples fears. good luck in your new venture and thank you for being committed to developing new products for the gto.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
id be possibly interested in buying products from you only because of the positive feedback from other users. keep this good work up and come out with some awesome products and you might just be in luck...fyi alot want a lip spoiler that uses stock holes but not at tall as the AP and we want a cowl hood :thumbs:

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
I was planning to call you directly for a part or 2 from AP. Then, I find this thread. I'm glad I did. Sorry to hear that you couldn't help AP with their problems. But, you got out with your integrity. Word of mouth goes a long way here. We will be looking forward to your future in the GTO accessories business.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have 3 words for ya:COWL INDUCTION HOOD

·
12 seconds, nothing but cam!
358 Posts
I would love to get the side exit exhuast and skirts, but won't order with all the bad press.

If you get stuff up and running JR, let us know, I will be watching.

Jon

·
Premium Member
82,600 Posts
Well, I will tell you all the tale of my recent problems, which JR helped to make better. I recently finished putting together an AP kit on my car. Shortly after, I was in a car accident. Recently I've been in contact with JR. Even though he had left during my order production, he recently called me to tell me that he wouldn't leave me hanging and even called to confirm when it was shipped. He made good and went above and beyond what I expected, much less from a company with the shady past that arrowhead had. I am a strong supporter of the turn around JR was making and it will only get better with a clean slate to start from. I wish him the best of luck with his new business adventure and would not hesitate to business with him in the future.

·
Registered
108 Posts
With J.R. out there is no hope for AP to have any believability. You might as well buy some lottery tickets with the money. Better chanch of a return that way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts