LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Best Car Under $45k Period.
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp after $375 and 5 minutes of my time, I installed The Preditor on my 04 A4.

1st Notice, with TC off, you have to TRY and not roast the tires during hard accell. I have not tried it yet, but I am guessing a burnout at 30-35mph can be had easy.

I just started with the generic performance tune. Everything feels normal at first (except the cooling fan is on more) but when you are driving say (40mph) and you hit it hard, that downshift is KILLER, it feels like a rocket.

I want to move the shift points a little and maybe make the shifts a little softer (they are HARD and much faster than could be done in the M6). I'm guessing this might be crazy in the rain or snow since I can break loose with TC on a little.

No problem, I can put it back to stock for rainy or snowy days. Now, I am a little afraid I might get myself into trouble ;)

For the A4 guys, this is TOTALLY worth it. It's not so much it feels more powerful (although it does without the torque management) but it feels like a new car due to changing the shifts etc.

It literally feels like a manual without having to shift!

All in All it's cool. I bought it from Gravana for $350 or something lke that.

·
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also.... when pushing it hard, the 1-2 shift is HARD and the tires squeel during this shift (on perfectly dry roads). I would also like to note, it is hot outside today (90-ish) and my CAI seems to be more efficiant?!?!?

ALSO... the exhaust sounds a little different (louder) since you remain in different gears than we are used to.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The reason it shifts harder between gears is because Torque Management has been reduced and/or eliminated from the picture.

Put it on the dyno or take it to the track to find out if it was worth the $350.

Oh, and I'd beg to differ about shifting quicker than an M6. Trust me on that one. :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
The reason it shifts harder between gears is because Torque Management has been reduced and/or eliminated from the picture.

Put it on the dyno or take it to the track to find out if it was worth the $350.

Oh, and I'd beg to differ about shifting quicker than an M6. Trust me on that one. :)

lol. yes i would not argue with him on this one. ask him about his stock clutch and why he has a SPEC 3. :cool: :cool: haha

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, stock clutches don't like power or speed shifting very much. :)

I think once in the Camaro, per my autotap log which sampled right on a shift, I banged through the gates in something like .23 seconds.

·
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay Okay, I retract that statement.... it shifts faster than the AVERAGE person who wants to keep his stock clutch. Better?

A day of fooling with the shifting will be needed. I am not touching the WOT spark and fuel etc. Just shifting. Maybe soon I will get a pro to mess with everything.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
A4s seem like new cars when they get tuned. It's a great feeling to finally get hard downshifts and upshifts with some force. Now you have to think like M6 guys and consider what happens if you enter a slight turn at full throttle and chirp gears. I used to do that in the TA and it would step out briefly b/c of loss of traction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts