LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Memphis TN
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally happened. My boss joined us for the trip to VMP this past weekend and we gave it a shot on the way up. Cruising at 65 with me in 3rd on three honks, he jumped about a quarter panel and stayed there until around 115 when we shut down due to traffic.

I am more than pleased to have kept up with that awesome machine!!!

Hopefully we will run at some point on the track, but we chose not to run at VMP as it was very crowded.

We had a blast caravaning up there and three other GTO's witnessed the race. I could not have had more fun!!!

·
Resident workaholic
2,250 Posts
Quattro Krant said:
Shouldn't a procharged GTO with supporting mods be faster then a C6 Zo6?
Evidently you didn't read his post. :damnyou:

·
Back at it again.....
948 Posts
Nice! Cant wait to see how I hold up to a C6 Z. Good run.

·
Memphis TN
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quattro Krant said:
Shouldn't a procharged GTO with supporting mods be faster then a C6 Zo6?

A stock C6 Z06 will run mid to high 11's with street tires and is even more impressive from a roll considering the trap speeds are over 125 in some cases. The ProCharger is wonderful, but I am just happy to keep up! The Z06's are dynoing over 450 to the wheels stock and I am just under 500 at the wheels. With the weight difference (700lbs), I was still worried!

·
Memphis TN
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BBGTO said:
What numbers is your goat putting down? Nice run!!
487 to the wheels on a mild tune.

Now for all the flamers saying my car should make more will jump in. Bottom line is the tune is safe and true, not just a magic # that any tuner can "produce". I wanted to know the real # that I would be driving with every day, not just a dyno # that looks good.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nice run!

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
jmasse said:
487 to the wheels on a mild tune.

Now for all the flamers saying my car should make more will jump in. Bottom line is the tune is safe and true, not just a magic # that any tuner can "produce". I wanted to know the real # that I would be driving with every day, not just a dyno # that looks good.
then the z06 driver/car is a turd. trust me, a stock c6z06 should walk a 487rwhp car thats 800lbs heavier. videos all over the net of 550+rwhp/550+rwtq cobras losing to them, and they out tq our procharged cars for sure.

·
GTO dreamer
54 Posts
i'm gonna put something out there the zo6 is a nice car i mean who wouldn't want one my one problem about going against cars i know is faster than mine stock but your spending more i beat the goat would beat the Z06 how much is the procharger 6500 is what i checked it out to be today (don't yell at me if i got the price wrong) and the new stock goat is bout 33000(don't yell about this either) so yea you can argue but don't yell at me please.

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
Ryu's GTO said:
i'm gonna put something out there the zo6 is a nice car i mean who wouldn't want one my one problem about going against cars i know is faster than mine stock but your spending more i beat the goat would beat the Z06 how much is the procharger 6500 is what i checked it out to be today (don't yell at me if i got the price wrong) and the new stock goat is bout 33000(don't yell about this either) so yea you can argue but don't yell at me please.
:confused:... <---- more punctuation than your whole post

Nice run! I wouldnt even mess w/ em as of yet. Given a little time, I'll still get spanked but might put up more of a fight.

·
Keepin' JW in biz since 02'!
966 Posts
Good run. I can only imagine having that much power right now. Someday.....someday.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Nice run. I've seen low 12's to high 11's for the C6 Z06, so I think it's believable you could run right with him for a while from a roll. I'd be happy to run with a C5 or C6 Z06...maybe one day.:patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
jcain said:
then the z06 driver/car is a turd. trust me, a stock c6z06 should walk a 487rwhp car thats 800lbs heavier. videos all over the net of 550+rwhp/550+rwtq cobras losing to them, and they out tq our procharged cars for sure.
I was thinking the same thing more or less. I'd be amazed if I could hang with a C6 Z06. I'd love to find out to be sure. But I'd go into it expecting to come out on the losing end. And I too am right at 490rwhp.

·
Evo 9 FTW!!!
2,193 Posts
jcain said:

+1 on that!!! i got my ass handed to me by a 03 Z06 with headers, cat back and intake.

5mph to 80 on my speedo.. he had about 2-3 cars on me.:eek:

·
LS1/2/6/7 motors FTW!!
302 Posts
yellow04 said:
+1 on that!!! i got my ass handed to me by a 03 Z06 with headers, cat back and intake.

5mph to 80 on my speedo.. he had about 2-3 cars on me.:eek:
for reals?? cuz i dont see an 03 z06 with his mods pulling your car like that upto 80mph.....u sure your tires werent going up in smoke the whole time lol

·
Fastest GTO in NL
106 Posts
BAD_GTO said:
for reals?? cuz i dont see an 03 z06 with his mods pulling your car like that upto 80mph.....u sure your tires werent going up in smoke the whole time lol
My 2001 Z06 with only intake and cat-back (354 rwhp/3125 lbs) was significantly quicker than my 2005 GTO M6 with LPE intake (348 rwhp/3725 lbs) at any speed, from a dig, from a roll, etc. I had to install the blower to make the GTO the quicker car (~475rwhp). The 2002-04 Z06s had even more power and less weight than the 2001 Z06.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts