LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a little less than I hoped for, but about what everyone else has been doing. Best E/T was 14.24 and best MPH was 97.55. Time slips attached.

TSpeed and his wife made the trip too. What a great guy! I'll let him post his results.

The announcers really seemed excited to see both cars out there. I think they rattled off all the specs from the dealer brochure each time we got to the line. You could tell they liked the cars.

It would have been nice to meet some more of you out there. I'll try to give a little more notice next time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Whats the elevation of the track?

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
What was the DA(Density Altitude) while you were running there?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the track is at about 800 to 1000 feet above sea level. Not sure on the DA, but it was about 70° in the morning on the best run and got up close to 80° in the afternoon. There was about a 10 MPH headwind too.

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
???

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
About what I was running stock. 60's are good for a stock A4.

Did you guys get a chance to line up against each other? That would have been fun. :)

Padre

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Well Padre, being it was my first drag and I was on a learning curve, i did pull up next to T.Vick, but after realizing that one of us would be going home if we ran, i found my way 1 car back. Maybe next time!

Id also like to hear you guy's thots...good , bad or indifferent. Were these good times for stock?

·
8,959 Posts
TSpeed said:
Well Padre, being it was my first drag and I was on a learning curve, i did pull up next to T.Vick, but after realizing that one of us would be going home if we ran, i found my way 1 car back. Maybe next time!

Id also like to hear you guy's thots...good , bad or indifferent. Were these good times for stock?
Your times as well are about what I was running stock. I assume you're an A4 also.

Were you bracket racing and is that why "one of us would be going home if we ran"? I normally go to the test-n-tunes so I can run all I like.

Padre

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
I have a m6.

·
8,959 Posts
TSpeed said:
I have a m6.
You should be able to get some more out of it then. The M6's are faster than the A4's stock. I'm not an M6 guy, but I'm sure others can help with launching and shifting the M6. Just takes more track time and practice. So guess you'll just have to go back and have more fun. :)

Padre

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Thanks Padre, Ill just have to go and have some more fun! :gr_jest: The Klunk in the trunk became an issue. Im going to get the TSB done on that, maybe that will help a little. Also read here some where the optimum shift point was around 5600r's, i was going all the way up to 6000. All in all i feel pretty good for a NOOB! lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey fellow MN GTO guys!

It's too bad I didn't go to the Rock until last weekend. I did hear from a bunch of people that there were a couple of GTOs at the Rock a few weekends ago.

Anyway, I went out on Saturday to see what it would do bone stock. It's an Impulse Blue/Black leather A4. Anyway, my first run was a 14.5 @ 97 mph, but with more practice I got it down to a 14.1 @ 99 mph. It was in the 70s, didn't feel so good in the afternoon. The track elevation is actually 900 feet and the DA was around 2,000 ft in the afternoon. We're thinking of putting the Z06 heads and cam in it, possibly longtubes and a torque converter this winter. I also have a little secret for the car that hopefully goes through over the winter :D

But I digress. We'll have to meet up sometime and cruise University or something!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're planning on going back out on the 10th of October, feel free to come along. Which part of the cities are you in?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I live in Plymouth - I'm sure you know it's just west of Mpls.

What type of race is the one on the 10th? Is it a Fun Day?

Thanks for the invite. I might have to make that trip. :)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Good job guys.I hope you had fun with two of you there.I had fun over the weekend when be and 2edybrd went to the track.You a4 guys have it easy making those 60's.M6 cars either go up in smoke or bog.Anyway good times

·
Registered
113 Posts
T.Vick - how was the track prep when you and TSpeed were at the Rock?

I didn't have any wheelspin what-so-ever. I had consistent 2.1 sixty foot times. I torqued it up to around 2000 rpm - possibly could have been more aggressive on the launch.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's Funny...

That's funny because I actually ran a 911 Carrera Turbo when I was at Rock for that race. He ran a 15.22 and I smoked him. TSpeed can vouch for that one because he was next in line and saw the whole thing. I doubt it was the outcome that either of us were expecting. I'm not saying that would be the outcome everytime, but he saw GTO butt all the way down the track that time. :p Timeslip attached

Impulse, track wasn't too good. I was braking up to about 1500 RPM and was having to roll into the throttle to keep from spinning. I did spin on a couple runs. My best 60' was a 2.13. The 10th is the last "Fun Day."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts