LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I filled up my tank with gas I paid $28.30 for 15 gallons of gas on 01/07/04. I reset the trip odometer and filled up the tank on 01/11/04 with 15.485 gallons of gas for $27.55. I put 286.76 miles on the trip odometer.

So I'm getting about 18.51 miles to the gallon most of which was city driving.

This car is going to cost me a fortune to drive. I use to get about 25 miles to the gallon with my GTP.

·
Registered
83 Posts
speed_demon_fre said:
The first time I filled up my tank with gas I paid $28.30 for 15 gallons of gas on 01/07/04. I reset the trip odometer and filled up the tank on 01/11/04 with 15.485 gallons of gas for $27.55. I put 286.76 miles on the trip odometer.

So I'm getting about 18.51 miles to the gallon most of which was city driving.

This car is going to cost me a fortune to drive. I use to get about 25 miles to the gallon with my GTP.
Try easing into the accelerator. :D Also remember you are feeding two more cylinders for alot more power :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
40THGTO said:
Try easing into the accelerator. :D Also remember you are feeding two more cylinders for alot more power :thumbs:

Ive never had a car with that much power. I'm just so amazed by the power. I have to hit the gas harder and harder each time.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I certainly hope you didn't buy this car for its fuel economy, if you wanted that you should have bought MT's car of the year the Toyota Prius!

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Thats 2.5MPG better than what GM listed. I think its 16 city and 21 hiway.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
You're joking right? 18+ mpg???

You're also feeding a 350+ hp beast! That's a 110hp improvement over your GTP.

I don't want to hear you complain about your wallet until you get 6.6mpg!!! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
You are getting about the same gas mileage as I am and about what I expected. 18 - 20 MPG. I drive my Saturn when I want to concern gas and drive my GTO when I want to have fun. This car is about fun and not MPG. Enjoy your 350 HP and do not worry about the MPG.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My old Vette gets 12 mpg, my Monte gets 27 mpg (highway, anyway), so the GTO should be just about right, and I'm selling the Vette so I'm improving, right?? Like I care, I just want to haul some ass and look good and be comfortable doing it!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
My 96 Camaro SS averaged around 26-27mpg on the highway and I always got 20mpg or better in town, well, except for a few times here and there. :D

·
Registered
523 Posts
My Second Fill Up of Gas

The EPA mileage estimates for the manual are 17/29 (city/hwy), and there's no gas-guzzler tax. Regardless of the configuration, this is a "muscle car," after all. Ask the owners of any of the vintage models what they're getting--bet they'll stretch the truth a little and tell you 16 mpg on the highway.
Enjoy your car!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts