LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I booked at the Hampton Inn on Monday the 21st. There were only 8 rooms reserved at that time. I was told the Nutter Center is across the street.

On the informational paper that I got at Saratoga is states you must be registered for the Convention before making hotel reservations. I found that is not the case. The 114.00 per night (at the Hampton) is not a discounted price but a standard price.
It also states Meet registrations are NOT refundable. Had I not verified that I would not have made a reservation one year in advance.

If people are waiting closer to the time to book a room based on that information they will be hard pressed to find a room.
The hotel should be fairly empty at that time. The show will have been over for almost 2 weeks. It runs from July 7th till the 11th.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,408 Posts
The hotel should be fairly empty at that time. The show will have been over for almost 2 weeks. It runs from July 7th till the 11th.

now thats funny... he booked it on the the 21st for next year...hehehehe

Morty

·
Omertà
5,291 Posts
I guess it would be now wouldn't it. Reread the post slick....I booked my room ON the 21st (this past Monday, July 21) [operative word > ON <] not FOR the 21st. Take a peek at a 2008 calendar you will see the 21st was this past Monday. If you would have understood the first sentence of the post and comprehended it instead of trying to rush to correct me in your feeble attempt to make an ass out of me to get a laugh, maybe you wouldn't look so inept. For further reference, read the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph.
FYI July 21,2009 is a Tuesday.
Jesus Christ...simmer down a little bit there VP.

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
No doubt. Someone needs a hug. I also sent him a PM. Sometimes you try to help but some people are a little too uptight.

·
2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE...

I guess it would be now wouldn't it. Reread the post slick....I booked my room ON the 21st (this past Monday, July 21) [operative word > ON <] not FOR the 21st. Take a peek at a 2008 calendar you will see the 21st was this past Monday. If you would have understood the first sentence of the post and comprehended it instead of trying to rush to correct me in your feeble attempt to make an ass out of me to get a laugh, maybe you wouldn't look so inept. For further reference, read the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph.
FYI July 21,2009 is a Tuesday.

oh well.., Not only did he bitch slap you both, he deleted his post..

everytime I read the post I thought he had reg the wrong date as well then I read it again and I read all the words...ya know the brain thingy where it will skip words..

ligthen up bud, can wait to meet you ...we will all have a great time...

Morty

·
Registered
473 Posts
Morty, you might remember that you are the one who told him he was disqualified from the stock 05 class after his and my repeated attempts to get someone in authority to change the class his car was in. Yes he was compensated, but it was a first class screw,,,up.
There was only one person helping people get in, with another person standing there with his thumb in a dark space. Both with staff shirts on. They could not find the numbered space. Just told us to go park and someone would find us later. Yes, I suppose you did find us later. There was no one in the tech area either of the times we were there. We were basically on our own.

·
Wifes Car is Faster than Mine
462 Posts
For some reason i just thought of this about something that I would change for next year. I'm not sure if it's been posted or not, but do not have the name tags on a pin. It sucked to have to put holes through my clothes to wear the nametag. Also, you might want to think about putting the first names bigger, unlike this year when the last name was first and bigger, and then the first name was probably 10 spaces away from the last name and much smaller. That to me doesn't make any sense. I'm going to call someone by their first name, not their last name. So i need to be able to see it. :)

·
2,408 Posts
Morty, you might remember that you are the one who told him he was disqualified from the stock 05 class after his and my repeated attempts to get someone in authority to change the class his car was in. Yes he was compensated, but it was a first class screw,,,up.
There was only one person helping people get in, with another person standing there with his thumb in a dark space. Both with staff shirts on. They could not find the numbered space. Just told us to go park and someone would find us later. Yes, I suppose you did find us later. There was no one in the tech area either of the times we were there. We were basically on our own.
It's about time someone piped up on this issue....
I'm the prickly person that did my job...sorry

Only 3 people tech-in crew for 2004-06, the other staff people would have no clue on how to tech-in a 2004-06 GTO.. as well my crew could not tech-in a 1964-1974 GTO.

Not my job to hunt him down it was his to check back...

we both agree you was given wrong info but that should not have stopped you from doing what was right. you knew you had not teched-in.

you stopped looking ????

I guess it like the tax man.. If I don't report it it didn't happen..

What's fair is that I did what I had to do.....and on this point you will agree...

Morty

41 - 49 of 49 Posts