LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got an extra part and been working.... with it

started off with all gloss black it would match my wheels.

Well of course it came out about 98% perfect there was a maybe half inch piece of dust that got on there before the clear. So no big deal Im not paying for paint or anything so... Instead of just fixing that 1 spot we come up with this

Now this came out a little worst... minor flaws here and there, but not too bad, but it will have to be redone its not going on my car til Im 100% happy with it. Even though my cars paint all ready isnt all good.

So now I have to decide what I wanna do... and honestly stock is looking pretty good even though I would love either designs on my car. I might push this plan back and wait for the winter to pass. Whatcha think?

So
Stock?
All Black?
Black/red inside?

Attachments

293 Posts
my vote is for all black. the concentric red/black/red gives a dizzying-vortex type effect, and not in a good way.

i think flat or satin black looks especially good, and making a horizontal stripe with the tails looks even better than painting that whole panel black.

found this photochop

post #7
http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48709&highlight=trunk+flat+black

and i remember somebody actually did it to their YJ and it looked AWESOME

·
resident jock
816 Posts
i would paint it red again with the license plate insert area black.

·
Registered
162 Posts
All black looks good. I think that your color and YJ's are the only colors that can pull that look off. The red license plate area reminds me of a taxi cab, I dont know why its just not right. SG

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used satin black on mine

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
ForzaV12 said:
I used satin black on mine
Looks well integrated with the black tail lights!

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, ive just been thinking and thinking on what I wanna do. Looking at the pics and talking to my bro (my painter) on what he thinks. Right now were set on the all black, but the black middle is sounding good too.

So im selling this one and most likely will have the stock one painted sometime after the winter. So if anyone is interested, check it out in the for sale threads.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
i just though about that spray on a comercial, it's like temporary spray paint to do "custom grafix" and "protect your paint" according to them, it's dupont or something like that. that would be a good way to get a real feel for what it would look like

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
All black, but satin or flat, personally I don't like the gloss. I am biased though :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts