LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 1st off, I've tried getting a hold of mooch for a magnasvede intake but no luck so I said screw it, how hard can it be?

So I ordered up 36 inches of 1/8th inch, 4 inch diameter plexiglass...this was enough for 3 tries actually.

1st try, failed miserably, way to hard on the bends. I didn't even wanna try to fab it up to fit the stock maf, I have been pretty set on an ls3/7 maf.

2nd try was the money winner. 3rd try was for being bored and trying to make one for stock maf but couldn't get it looking like I wanted, so screw it. 2nd try wins.

Here's some pix of the rough fitment of it. The pulley is a 3.3 as well, I'm betting it would fit a 3.4 no problem, so anything 3.4 and smaller would fit imo. I will cut the maf in on the 1st part behind the svede in direction of flow. Anyone see an issue with that? I'm shooting for the straightest part.

I have also been in contact with a plastics company here in Phoenix to see about get a mold to make it in carbon fiber or fiberglass.

I will post another pic from the side so you can see the indent for the hood, when I get home.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Looking good! Been following your progress on FB. If I was not planning on doing the Duspeed I would also go that route. Where did you find 4" plexi tubing?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good! Been following your progress on FB. If I was not planning on doing the Duspeed I would also go that route. Where did you find 4" plexi tubing?
I just started searching man, took a little bit to find but the place sells by the foot. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Came out good.
Thanks man

Ironically there is acutally a Mooch adapter for sale on FB right now.
Lol just my luck. If been looking for weeks then Said fuck it making my own.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
have you considered relocating the pulley, to give you better belt wrap & maybe more room for the pipe?

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Which pulley?
you'll have to edit this link by taking the spaces out, as the moderators here do not allow links to the other forum, and they replace gas tires oil with ls1gto

http://gas tires oil.com/showthread.php?t=2233

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Noice. And you can see all the squirrels and shit trapped inside.

LR

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
A clear tube would have saved me from this when I forgot to take a rag out of my intake tube while cleaning my housing and filter. Thank god it got hung up on the throttle blade. One of those "duh" moments lol.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Holy cow on the shop rag. LOL, that's great. Not at the time, but in retrospect I'd bet you get a chuckle out of it.

LR

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A clear tube would have saved me from this when I forgot to take a rag out of my intake tube while cleaning my housing and filter. Thank god it got hung up on the throttle blade. One of those "duh" moments lol.

Holy shit man, thankfully nothing bad happened ey? I plan on either wrapping mine or having this carbon fiber place make me one using this as a mold.

·
Blown by TVS 1900
3,302 Posts

·
A4 PBM/RED 1 of 631-now 1of1
3,351 Posts
looks pretty good...what about air turbulence into the TB?....you will have to inject some smoke into the intake stream and watch it tumble :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts