LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have been working on my car for a while now. .well a while means I just dont drive my car but about once a week if that. I went back to the stock tune because of moving back down to sealevel from 5800. I changed the normal stuff. injectors, gears, other stuff.

anyway.. got my car idling awesome.. my IAC is around 45-55 when the car is warmed up..

now i moved onto the S.D tuning just like the help file in HPtuners says.. followed it step by step and got my AFR awesome all the time. at least what I think is awesome it pretty muchs hovers all the time around 14.7 bounces up and down a little maybe to like 14.9 or 14.5 during normal driving.

now I wanted to put the MAF back in just because I kind of like the thought of it being there to adjust for different weather conditions and stuff. Well I have been doing the steps to recalibrate the MAF. . and now with the MAF turned back on and three steps of trying to get it right my AFR all over the place.. while crusin its runs at 14.7 AFR but when deceling and acceling its almost a point off either way.

So I am thinking that the MAF just has to go. and jsut go back to the SD tuen I had that had my AFR set up so good.

of course my MPG is way down still. but I think the MAF is killing me there.

quick question while idling what does your instant MPG read. .mines reading 1.02 gallons an hour. I dont remember what it was before I started working on this.

·
My GTO for sale $19700
62 Posts
My instant GPH at idle reads .68 with A/C off and .80 with it on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts