LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a cruise south a few weeks ago to Jindabyne near the snowy mountains, did a bit of skiing and broke my collar bone.

Monaro content: Over tha past few years a saw a green Monaro round these parts, this year I saw an Adventura standing in the place the Monaro used to. I guess the owner got sick of putting on the mandatory (for 2wd) snow chains...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I like it! I always thought that was a sweet shape.

Too bad on the collar bone though! OUCH!!

·
3,327 Posts
Can I ask what year Corvette that is without sounding like a dumbass?

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I'm going with 77 based on the Aussie tag :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warren said:
Can I ask what year Corvette that is without sounding like a dumbass?
its a 1980, Californian version with the 305, only 3220 made (thank God). I love it anyway, LPG converted its costs AU$5.40 per 100km to run. Currently thats somthing like US $3.50 per 62miles. It's my daily (and only) driver:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The number plate has 77 on it, but it was like that when I bought it. Huntress, out of interest here's a '77 corvette, the main differences to look out for are the front and rear bumpers (no spoiler on the rear). Most of all, the back window... which changed in '78. The bumpers changed in 1980 and stayed to the end of the c3 run in '82.

·
3,327 Posts
So this is the C3? There are a couple of this type of body style around my county, but since I am not a corvette guy, I cannot tell. Yours sort of looks like the one that I was offered about a year ago for my Mustang, but I was thinking that his is a '76. But, looking at the two pics now his may be a 77. One thing I do know about Corvettes though, is those wheels are AWESOME. (same wheels that are on my elCamino)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, c3's from 68-82. The one you were offered could have been a '76, Corvettes from 74-77 looked BASICLY like that... just as the '80-82 looked like mine. These days people tend to mix and match, its not uncommon to see the rear bumper of a 80 on a 77 much like u see '05 scoops on an 04 GTO:)

68-72 corvettes are reffered to as the "chrome bumper models" obviosly easily recognised by the chrome bumpers which got axed in favor of rubber ones for absorbtion in crashes. The chrome bumper models had the big block option. the 1973 had a rubber front bumper and a chrome rear bumper:) "Here is a '68.

Other more subtle differences too look for in IDing vettes is the fender lips, the front fender "gills", interior (it changed in '78), corvette badging font, shape of the hood "bump"...

my 1980 vette may not be as fast as a '04 GTO but its sure is faster then a 1980 GTO:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts