LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the wife had to drive the GTO as I was meeting a potential buyer for my Mazda 6. She's never driven anything like this before and was a little nervous about it. After explaining the CAGS and how to deal with it, she's off. On here way home and some "guy" in "a car" is on her aXX. She has no idea what kind of car it is, so the story loses a bit of the edge. Nonetheless. She's not liking this interloper on her tail and gives it a half throttle nudge leaving him way back. She makes her turn off and he's very politely following behind.

"That thing's got some power" she tells me with a giggle and a grin. Of course, I'm talking this up big time in hopes of getting her to appreciate that more horsepower is a good thing (future mods?)!

Now how do I get her back in the minivan after this? I'm not having the GTO go to any damn Home Depot unless it's for a box of staples! (Oh honey, we can fit those twenty 2 by 4's in there if we.......) No way.

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Been there, done that. I just relegate myself to begging for they keys back now :hail: .

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
mine was easy.... " give me the car once a week...is all i ask" yeah.... sure..... she is learning...last night we are driving home from Jamba Juice... and all innocently she says ..after i light it a bit...." man....cant wait for my first kill" never should have told her about this web site.... and if she see this i'm toast....

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
I got my GTO June 17th.

On June 20th, I said to my wife: get in. She had only driven a stick once before. We didn't even got out of the culdesac and shealready stalled it like 8-9 times. After about 15 minutes of pure hell driving around our subdivision, she turned around and went back home. Never even got out in the public streets. Had no interest in driving it ever since.

That's what happens when you grow up in a household with nothing but automatic vehicles. She loves her Venture and my Avalanche but wouldn't come near the goat.

LOL!

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
desertgoat said:
I got my GTO June 17th.

On June 20th, I said to my wife: get in. She had only driven a stick once before. We didn't even got out of the culdesac and shealready stalled it like 8-9 times. After about 15 minutes of pure hell driving around our subdivision, she turned around and went back home. Never even got out in the public streets. Had no interest in driving it ever since.

That's what happens when you grow up in a household with nothing but automatic vehicles. She loves her Venture and my Avalanche but wouldn't come near the goat.

LOL!
man you are lucky, mine learned in her early 20's.. gonna have to buy her an Goat of her own i guess.... she loves the blue....

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
She didn't even know how to start it. She said the battery was dead. I told her "Honey, you gotta push the clutch in first."

She is 5'4", 115 lbs, petite little thing. She had that driver seat pushed all the way forward her nose was touching the Pontiac logo on the airbag. She also complained the clutch was too hard to depress.

I am 6 foot all legs and the opposite. I have mine all the way back and can still engage the clutch quite easily. There are benefits when your wife is afraid of the GTO. No competition. Mine. All mine.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
desertgoat said:
She didn't even know how to start it. She said the battery was dead. I told her "Honey, you gotta push the clutch in first."

She is 5'4", 115 lbs, petite little thing. She had that driver seat pushed all the way forward her nose was touching the Pontiac logo on the airbag. She also complained the clutch was too hard to depress.

I am 6 foot all legs and the opposite. I have mine all the way back and can still engage the clutch quite easily. There are benefits when your wife is afraid of the GTO. No competition. Mine. All mine.
i'm 6'1.... all legs... she if 5'3 all ....well.... anyhow...her nose is on the emblem too...but she just does't care...no complaints about the clutch...just pi##ed that she doesn't know how to do a good burnout.... matter of time i guess.... so i guess for now....ours all ours..... :punch:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife used to have an '87 RX7 and a '91 318i. Both sticks. She occasionally drives my Mazda 6, too. Maybe if I get her a supercharger for the MPV????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts