LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antenna part #'s 40-VW10 40-VW20

Delphi sky fi with wired FM mod

I used the cell phone deal for my power source. If you use the positive wire it will stay on all the time. If you use the accesory wire then it turns off with the car(this is the one I did)

All wires and FM mod stuffed behind panel with antenna adapters and cell phone plug.

I used a old style cell phone tower(used double sided tape to secure it). Removed the rubber from the cupholder and enlarged one of the holes a bit for the wire to fit through.

I wouldnt pick this spot as the 100% best but it is very easy to reach and use and its only slightly in the way of the shifter but not bad.

Plus if I change my mind I just re-install rubber cup holder deal and its all back to stock.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
I just signed up for a deal on XM and the new Opie and Anthony channel. I used to listen to them all the time on WNEW. I got the boom box with the SkyFi for $99. Gonna pick up that little FM modultor power plug for $29 at Circuit City to bounce the unit between my three cars. Would hard wire it but the Goat is not my daily driver and I really would like to take it with me and listen to it in the other cars as well as in the boom box, which goes for like $99 itself!!

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I leave it in my center console while the car is parked.

I am really liking this spot now when it comes to changing stations and being able to read the display clearly.

It is really more convinient than it looks :)

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
silverbugeye said:
I leave it in my center console while the car is parked.

I am really liking this spot now when it comes to changing stations and being able to read the display clearly.

It is really more convinient than it looks :)
What exact hardware did you use? I am debating getting the car kit and the fm modulator power plug or hardwiring it. Either way I need to get it in the car by the 5th. Just trying to figure out how hard it would be to hardwire to the radio.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
This is how I did mine. I have the wireless roady adapter. All I had to do is plug it into the outlet and hook up the antenna. No splicing into the wires at all.

I think XM is the GREATEST. :hail: :hail: ;)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
miamio said:
It's laundry night, can I borrow some quarters?
yeah i was thinking the same thing

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
This is how I did mine. I have the wireless roady adapter. All I had to do is plug it into the outlet and hook up the antenna. No splicing into the wires at all.

I think XM is the GREATEST. :hail: :hail: ;)
Can you tell me the exact item name and/or part number for the wireless adapter please. :D

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Delphi Roady 2 includes a wireless.

Doesnt sound as good as wired model but is ok.

Also you can mount the antenna inside the car on the rear deck. Mine gets good reception there

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that going to be better than the built in wireless that the Roady 2 has?

Or is is really just for Sky Fi and Roady people??

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do I post pictures cause I put in the sirius and mine fits in awsome I just cant use that little flip compartment cause I used it as a mold to hold my head unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hooked up SkyFi unit using the wireless fm transmitter too. To get better reception I used an extension cord from Radio Shack to get the transmitter closer to the in dash radio.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can you explain the 'cell phone deal?' Thanks man!
Brett

1 - 20 of 20 Posts