LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Copied and pasted from my site so please excuse the sig names)

Well we didn’t get the 11 second slip we were wanting. But we still had fun and feel good about what we’ve done with the car this year. We could have thrown more parts or better parts at it but that wasn’t the way we wanted to go at it. If we could have changed one part, it would have been the Mickey Thompson DR’s back to BFG’s DR’s

Here is our final two race times for the year. With some car info.
We scaled the car Friday it was 4135.89lb with me in it and a 1/2 tank of gas.
This morning (Monday) we scaled it again. 4129.76 a little under 1/2 tank.
Here are the three best times for each day.
Saturday’s three best

1.691 new best

Sunday’s three best

12.009 new best
116.29 Its been 117.33

Can you say constancy; remember it’s a 6sp car not some sissy auto :bootyshak :bootyshak
Just in case you don’t know the full parts list here it is.
Ported LS6 243 heads from TSP (stock size valves)
232/234 .595 .598 112 from TSP
Ported Throttle Body
Kooks 1 ¾ long tubes with a custom 3” Cat back.
3.91 gears 60% stiffer springs in the posi
Spec Stage 3 clutch and Aluminum flywheel.
Rear Air Bags
Holeshot wheels Big N Littles (98 lb lighter then stock)
Mickey Thompson 275 50 15 DR’s
Full Custom EFILive Tune. Big thanks to Keith McCord for all the advice and help tuning it, not only does it make some good power it drives like stock and pulls down 23 MPG in every day driving (it’s a true daily)
EVERY thing else is 100% stock.

Now for the thank yous
My wife Mindi (aka Da Boss) for letting me beat on a brand new car for two years in a row with out complaining, but most of all for the moral and financial support and understanding the time away part. Now it’s time for me to pay her and the kids back for the lost family time.
Cable Dahmer (frosty and a few others on PB which I still owe a dinner to)
Keith McCord (MCG on PB) (tuning, advice and equipment) http://www.mccordcg.com/
Jake (Jake on PB))(custom slave spacer, advice) http://jakesperformancefabrication.com/
Rodney (badstr on PB) (parts, advice) http://www.hookenchassisracecars.com/
Vamp Racing (Vamp on PB) (dyno time and parts and for starting the Heads Up Series) http://vampracing.no-ip.com/nuke/
Sho-Pny, Kinger, Performin Norman, 408ss for help working on it..

Last but not least thanks to all the members of PurposeBuilt.org for making this a damn fun year of racing and smack talking (one day I’ll back mine up and run my 11 N/A)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice job all year Tim! If you had just a little tail wind it would have happened.

And I'm calling :bs: on you being done for the year. There is too many test n tunes and the Shootout left for you to get it done!:gears: :turbonaug

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05cyclonegoat said:
Nice job all year Tim! If you had just a little tail wind it would have happened.

And I'm calling :bs: on you being done for the year. There is too many test n tunes and the Shootout left for you to get it done!:gears: :turbonaug

My goal was to do it in 2500+ DA.. Screw the mine shaft DA and ATCO conditions..I want believable numbers:stickpoke

I just got word we WILL have a make up race on Oct 7th So yes it looks like i was a little premature in calling it a year..I have a theory I want to test out so I'm going to try and find some used BFG DR's and switch BACK to them..if I'm right your see in drop in the 11's..

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
So I take it there won't be any spray runs the rest of the year?

Nice times N/A on an LS1. You've been working hard and those damn 60's are nice. Guess you've mastered launching the heavy beast.

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BillyGoatGruff said:
So I take it there won't be any spray runs the rest of the year?

Nice times N/A on an LS1. You've been working hard and those damn 60's are nice. Guess you've mastered launching the heavy beast.
The bottle stuff is still in the garage. I'm having fun with the N/A stuff for now (never done it LOL). We have a season ending "Pill to Kill" so it "might" get a tickle then of the juice

As for the 60' thats where I'm hurting at. It should be in the low low 1.6's or high 1.5's I was pulling 1.65 stock N/A on BFG and 1.55 when I sprayed..

The side wall of the MT is a little stiffer then the BFG, so all the info I had logged has done me no good this year on the MT's. I'm in the hunt for some used BFG so will see if I can get them down in the low 1.6's

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Very nice man!!! I know the nitrous is calling your name for a little play!!!

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doc GTO said:
Very nice man!!! I know the nitrous is calling your name for a little play!!!
you don't know how bad it's calling. I'm upgrading the fuel side this week so it "might" get a little taste soon.. :gears:

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
Nice job Tim... you were so close to your goal. :patriot:

Why don't you just run the Goat again when it's "only" +1000 to 1500 ft DA and get your all-motor 11???

·
9 Second Club
14,781 Posts
Congratulations, a sneeze could have done the trick with the 12.009

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
backndagame said:
what suspension mods are you running to get the 60' down.
Not much..

Pedders 2643 with a 1/2 spacer under each side
Air Bags are in but only ran at 5psi any more with the short springs makes it to stiff..
Big enough balls to launch at 6000 on the stock half shafts

The biggest help is understanding tire air pressures

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
backndagame said:
Give me the clue with the tire air pressure by pm if you can Perdieu. I would appreciate it.
these psi's are with 275 50 15 tires

well prepped track 17psi bad prep 15psi... the big key is to NOT bog under 3500 rpms if you bog add a little air to help the tire LOSE a little traction. Leave as high as you can so the rpms will stay up once the clutch is dropped. I've found that if I can get them to spin about twice then grab it's a good 60'.

seat time will help to understand what works and what don't. I have over 145 passes in mine with video of about 95% of the launches. I'll sit down and watch them and read my notes from each pass, then make a game plan of what I want to try the next time out...:drink:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Tim really nice #'s

and I gotta tell you 1.6's of any kind are pretty damn good for an M6 and this car. Your the only one doing it.

12.009 though.......damn I dont think I could stop until that was a 11.9x

take a dump or something ;)

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dbluegoat said:
Tim really nice #'s

and I gotta tell you 1.6's of any kind are pretty damn good for an M6 and this car. Your the only one doing it.

12.009 though.......damn I dont think I could stop until that was a 11.9x

take a dump or something ;)
LOL thanks

I would have kept after it but it was a race and I got kocked out so I was done for the day..

as for the dump, I did that then raced half dressed :pimp: and went a .018

1 - 15 of 15 Posts