LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
I did alot of research on LS1tech.com and they said the factory MAF ends were good up to 450 HP.
This is a misleading statement that is often tossed around. Just because something is good up to a certain horsepower does not mean it can't create more horsepower at lower numbers, that just means it maxes out at that level. I've dynoed the Pace Z06 MAF on two LS1 cars now. I've seen great gains at first, 12-15hp at the wheels, only to have the computer readjust after a test drive and then the gains settled down to a 5-8hp gain. But, an hp gain is an hp gain so I was happy. Less restriction means more air easily gets into the engine and as long as the sensor reads properly this could never be considered a bad thing. But I do think you made the correct decision in leaving the stock MAF alone because there seems to have been some issues with MAF readings when removing the factory airhorn inside.

BTW, your MAF looks great, please post some photos of it on the car.

·
3,327 Posts
1COOLPC said:
BTW, your MAF looks great, please post some photos of it on the car.
:thumbs: I also think it looks good, and cant wait to see it on the car. This may be something that I copy you on. :D

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Heres some pics of it installed.

Looks real good! Another quality job by BMR.
congrats

·
The Root Of All Evil
23 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
I did alot of research on LS1tech.com and they said the factory MAF ends were good up to 450 HP.

All I did was cleaned the indsides up a little with some 400 and 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Give it a nice shine.

Have You tried it yourself??? It won't hurt and you might like it better like that?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Off the car I was not terribly impressed, but installed on the car it really does look excellent. And I'd say $32.94 is an FANTASTIC deal! Nice mod! The only difficulty would be letting the car sit while the MAF ends were in transit. :)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
That was worth the money. Looks great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts