LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
51,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bare 243 Heads

Bought these on ebay a couple years ago. I have like three sets of 243 heads laying around, figure these should be the ones to go. The castings look solid, and the guide ID's measure out within acceptable spec. The heads are matching, and the decks are fairly virigin in terms of ever having been milled, as far as valve drop measurements have indicated to me. They need a mill, since they look like they've been tossed around the shop by the previous owners--they have small impact marks around the edges that might make the deck unlevel. a decent mill should fix them right up. Oh, it obiously needs all the valve train stuff and you should probably have the valve seats recut.

These would make good cores to send in for a stage 2.5 CnC job.

in the picture of the head decks, there is what looks like a crack around one of the head bolt holes. it is actually a reflection of a scuff, i have included an additional picture of said scuff. you can't even catch your fingernail on it. a mill will clear it up anyway.

SOLD

Audio equipment Gas Font Auto part Fashion accessory

Automotive lighting Rim Bicycle part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Black Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Bicycle part Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Rectangle Grey Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Grey Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas Bumper

Rectangle Fixture Material property Font Tints and shades

Automotive exterior Bumper Material property Font Rectangle

·
Worthless reject member
51,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Axle Stubs

I mean, just look at em. They're OE, they're straight, they're stubs, ready to go in your iron nub. or rear end. or something else that seems like it should rhyme and be a double entendre. whatever.

SOLD

Gear Gas Bottle cap Auto part Metal

Product Font Auto part Household hardware Cosmetics

Gear Font Auto part Circle Clutch part

·
Worthless reject member
51,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Blemished Repro 5.7L Fender Emblems

These are a couple blemished emblems i got from GTOG8TA. One of the fenders on my 04 was worked on before i ever got to it, and the genius body guy filled the alignment holes for the fender emblem. so i shaved the pins off of these.

Never used them, though. I ended up swapping my LS2 in it, so now it has 6.0 emblems on it.

so, if you're confident you can put these on straight, go for it.

actually it's pretty straightforward to align them. you need to measure the distance between the pins and the top of the emblem, and do the same on your fender. use some painter's tape to mark the line of where you want the top of the emblem to be. you can kind of do something similar to center it front to back on the feder, as well.

close ups of the blemishes are included.

$30 Shipped within the 48, otherwise let me know and i will calculate shipping.

Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Art Font

Guitar accessory Human body String instrument accessory Font Musical instrument accessory

Trunk Helmet Hood Grille Grey

Hood Automotive design Computer keyboard Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Grey Automotive design Gadget Communication Device Input device

Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Computer keyboard Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I tried to PM you but I haven't posted enough to be able to direct message. How much would shipping be to Coshocton, Ohio 43812?

·
Worthless reject member
51,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dropped price on head cores.

i also would not prefer to sell to members who have just joined and haven't contributed. plenty of scammers out there. i hope this doesn't offend anyone.

bump!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts