2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New season. New Sponsors.
Daytona 500 has a new look.

·
Super Moderator
12,362 Posts
I really just don't know what to say.

This will be my 26th season as a fan and I have really really grown to hate that race.

That is not racing. I know many won't agree and that's is fine.

Can't wait for next weekend and phoenix!

·
Administrator
18,912 Posts
I really just don't know what to say.

This will be my 26th season as a fan and I have really really grown to hate that race.

That is not racing. I know many won't agree and that's is fine.

Can't wait for next weekend and phoenix!
While I agree, I can't help myself. My Grandfather and I weren't all that close, but I went to his house to watch Ohio State/Michigan, Daytona, and Talladega every year. It isn't racing, but I can't skip out on them.

With that said, I HATE watching the NH and Martinsville races. I'd rather they split those events between Bristol and Richmond.

·
1 of 40,757
6,420 Posts
Dale Earnhardt SR used to say... Watch the green, go tend to the cattle and then come back for checkers.

Pretty much how I watch it to this day.

·
Super Moderator
12,362 Posts
They are fuel injected. however it is a somewhat antiquated TBI setup now.

·
Super Moderator
12,362 Posts
I can't watch Daytona because it's so damn boring.
Yup, they should just name it the Daytona 2.5

Because that's about all you get out of it for excitement.

Not to mention I think a lot of the credibility is lost in the racing when the drivers are TOLD how to use their throttle pedal or you will get penalized. AKA don't push the guy in front of you for longer than 2 seconds bullshit.

That is a retarded way to steer a ship.

Even though the tandem draft racing was absurd as well, at least I wasn't bored off my ass for 3 hours.

·
Super Moderator
12,362 Posts
When did that change?
I think it was the 2014 season and only in the cup series.

I also believe they were FINALLY allowed to make the switch to roller cams.

Another ridiculous rule that they held onto for way to long.

·
Belch
943 Posts
I think Daytona's boring because of the way it's depicted on TV. Kind of like hockey. Looks dull on the tube -- much better in person.

Fox has that shot at Daytona mid-way through turn 4. Ground level -- and the camera's on a motorized track. You kind of get a sense of the speed with that shot. With the long angle shots? Nothing. Like cars on a freeway.

You go to shots like that -- along with the raw sound instead of DW constantly flapping his mouth -- the show would be different. And better. Same with more in car and car mounted stuff.

·
Girls in da goat = GT-HOE
232 Posts
No amount of fancy shots can mask the fact it's boring as shit when they go single file and ride around for 50 laps.

·
Not much I'm good at
202 Posts
Last time I watched... the last race of the year used to be Atlanta...

·
Porch Dick
20,296 Posts
F1 is so much more interesting and fun to watch. A lot of rules BS but still eclipses Nascar by an AU.
I agree.

Though the end of the Daytona 500 was pretty exciting.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts