LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm kinda new to this, so bear with me. I installed a navigation system and the buttons on my steering wheel don't work (the volume control...etc.) neither does the Traction Control button (which is the most important to me). Is there anything I can do to make those work? I heard something about an interfase. Please advise me on what to do.
Thank you,
RED POWER.

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
ok, the steering wheel controls wont work with an aftermarket HU unless you get an adaptor, like the PAC SWI-X. now the traction control, thats just weird. i assume it has something to do with the speed wire for the nav maybe? and check your ABS fuses in the fuse box. make sure none are blown.

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
as dumb as this sounds, make sure the TC is plugged in correctly from the bottom.....I've pulled out the center console and it came unclipped and had to pull the center again because of me not checking my work

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right about dumb...it wasn't plugged in. Thank you very much, I wouldn't have thought about that, I mean you pay these guys $260 to install it...you'd think they would plug everything back. And I really care about this car, you have no idea. Anything
Thanks again,

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
Utester said:
So plugging the TC back in also fixed the Stereo Buttons?

no that would just fix the T/C button.

Aftermarket stereo won't work with stereo buttons unless you have an adaptor unit.

PAC makes both an IR version (that will work with any aftermarket radio that comes with a remote) and hardwired ones for some newer aftermarket radios. (alpine and pioneer are 2 off the top of my head with hardwired options)

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
RED POWER said:
You're right about dumb...it wasn't plugged in. Thank you very much, I wouldn't have thought about that, I mean you pay these guys $260 to install it...you'd think they would plug everything back. And I really care about this car, you have no idea. Anything
Thanks again,
they don't give a crap, which is why if i every had an installer do my stuff, i'd watch over them like a hawk until they were done.... i only trust myself when i comes to that sorta stuff, which is why i don't even bother with installers, they just dont car...i heard a story about an installer who cut new holes in the rear deck for speakers cuz he couldnt figure out how to get the old ones out.......... pretty sad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts