LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
AARP Qualified
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

iRaceCenter is the first of its kind in the Bay Area, a state of the art racing entertainment center that simulates auto racing in the most realistic way. iRaceCenter is a physical social hub where motor sport enthusiasts and regular fun-seekers get together to experience the race car driving at a new level. Located at 43464 Boscell Rd. in Fremont, Ca, iRaceCenter provides 14 state of the art race systems, or race pods. These race pods are assembled with the best equipment available to mimic real race car driving physics and handling.

Their Group Events are contingent on how many folks sign up. We need a minimum of 10 drivers and a max of 14 for this event. If we get more sign ups, then we will book a larger event. Food is an option to be catered and we are reviewing this as an additional expense.

Here is what is included:
•30 minute race time per driver
•Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners
•Top drivers photo
•Score sheet for all drivers
•Souvenir cap for special guest
•Discount coupons for drivers
•Total Event Time: 1-1/2 hours
•Individual cost: $32.00 per person.

So if this interests you and friends, post up and we’ll get you on the list

Located in the Pacific Commons Shopping Center
43464 Boscell Rd, Fremont, CA
Racing starts at 11:30am so plan to be there early

Hope to see you out there!!!

1)Hogtos (Colin)
2)Don Smeechleone(Jon)
3)TCorzett(Todd)
4)jbo'sgoat(Jason)
5)Ultraviolence(Andrew)
6)The Yeti(Ike)
7)Scandinavian Flick(Logan)
8)Raygnicky(Ray)
9)Logan's Buddy (Logan's Buddy)
10)

YOUR NAME HERE
maximus23(Mike Strong maybe)
Andrew's Buddy (Jesse)
Jon's Buddy (Brandon)

·
Mr.CGM / Team G.P Performace
4,807 Posts
sounds like fun put me as a maybe for now ,I should know for sure in a bit

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Can I go?

·
4,807 Posts
i'm out for sure now :(

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts

·
4,807 Posts
Why? Because I asked if I could go?
No because my nose will still be hurting by then from eating one of your jabs last Sunday :punch:

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
No because my nose will still be hurting by then from eating one of your jabs last Sunday :punch:
Funny you said I hit like a girl lol... I'm in of course!

·
The Domino Effect
1,027 Posts
Put me as a strong maybe :)

·
AARP Qualified
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More info
"We have NASCAR, IndyCar, F1 race tracks and these tracks are laser-scanned so it's as accurate as being in a real race track. Our simulators are equipped with full-motion feedback and surround sound. You can also choose to do automatic or manual shifting. Please visit iRacing.com to check the race tracks and cars that we have."

1. Hot Lap/Practice - drivers go around the track (you see each other in the track) and the winner is determined by whoever gets the best lap time. The good thing about this race is that when you crash or if you had too much car damage, you just press the reset button and you go again.

2. Sprint Race - starts with a 5-minute qualifying round and a 30-minute race.

3. Grand Prix - this is a full race. Starts with a 10-minute hot lap/practice followed by a 5-minute qualifying round and a 30-minute official race.

"Our software is designed to simulate real-track professional racing. For sprint race and grand prix, official rules are applied (no over speeding on pit stop; if you crash, a truck will tow you back to the pit and this may take a minute or 2 depending on how far you are from the pit stop; no going the wrong way, etc.) Violation of these rules may get you disqualified or kicked out of the race. This may be frustrating for some drivers who just wanna "have fun" and not do serious racing so I'm letting you know beforehand so there won't be any surprises. We customize the race depending on the age and skill level and the duration of the party to make sure that it is a fun experience for all."

·
A freak of nature
424 Posts
I never knew this existed... This could end up being my new favorite place. I'm in!

So if the racing starts at 11:30, and the whole thing is 1.5 hours, does that mean we should be there around 10ish?

·
AARP Qualified
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I never knew this existed... This could end up being my new favorite place. I'm in!

So if the racing starts at 11:30, and the whole thing is 1.5 hours, does that mean we should be there around 10ish?
Racing starts at 11:30 and yes, we'll be arriving in the Parking Lot and kicking tires between 10 & 11. Doors open at 11:00am. We're going to pass on the food provided and leave it to Folks to hit up one of the many local establishments after for chow.

Sounds real good, I'll put you down as a racer.

Wow! How the hell r u, long time no hear or see. put me down as a strong maybe as well this looks awesome and no excuses as far as weight or motor size I love the idea.
Great News, Mike...you're in as a Strong Maybe

This should definitely be fun!!!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
16 Participants
Scandinavian Flick
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing