LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for those of you who attended the earlier sparring events this year, I've set it up at Zulu Boxx in Fremont. This time it will be on gym mats and not on the grass. I was introduced to the club after a sparring session and Jon shows up.

For those who'd like to spar please post up, for those who'd like to attend and just watch just post up. No pressures to spar. Jason the owner, is also offering a cardio or technique classes (Combat Cardio Conditioning, Krav Maga, Mixed Martial Arts Striking & Standup, Mixed Martial Arts Grappling & Ground Work)that we can do besides sparring so if that might interest you you'll get a work out. Also, if you want to attend some classes at his gym prior to this event give him a call or drop by. Don't worry about about drop in fee's.

Spectating:
Jorge
Ray/hamburgers
Jeff/BBQ girl
Jon
Todd/water
Nicky/sodas and redbull

Sparring:
Jason/water
Moses
Ike
Jake
Brandon (possible)
Austin/potato salads

Hours during the week:
4:30pm to 8:30pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday
10am to 1pm on Saturday

They gym has plenty of 16 oz gloves and head gear, if you have boxing gloves bring them. Mouth guards you might want to get and can pick it up at any sporting store for under $10.

After we can BBQ, and if anyone else would like to bring food or drinks please do so and post it up and I'll update the thread. I'll make sure I bring enough water for everyone.

If you have any suggestions please let me know, I'll do my best to see if we can fit it in as far as sparring or just a light cardio. Maybe if you guys like we can do a striking class before or after we spar. Jason will be there to teach if you want to learn new techniques.

When:
We can start at 10am by noon we should be done and eating!

Where:
Zulu Boxx
45845 Warm Springs Blvd
Ste C
(at Brown Rd)
Fremont, CA 94539
(510) 516-3216

Attachments

·
The Domino Effect
1,027 Posts
In :punch:

·
Mr.CGM / Team G.P Performace
4,807 Posts
in to watch but still in rehab

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha Moses, Ray I hope that rehab works out before the 4th, but we will see how much the pain will go away once you see people sparring and your a$$ want to jump in anyway! No more detail days for you sir!

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on Jorge!

·
4,807 Posts
Gotcha Moses, Ray I hope that rehab works out before the 4th, but we will see how much the pain will go away once you see people sparring and your a$$ want to jump in anyway! No more detail days for you sir!
just a freak injury bro ...never injured myself throwing a punch
b 4 and i'm still having to go hella light on the bench press it's been almost 2 months and it's still jacked up :(

·
4,807 Posts

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just a freak injury bro ...never injured myself throwing a punch
b 4 and i'm still having to go hella light on the bench press it's been almost 2 months and it's still jacked up :(
Injuries suck man so I know! Now you gotta recruit at least 5 people to make up 1 of you.

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
4,807 Posts
cant wait for this event really looking forward to it :) not a big head count so far i'm kinda shocked this should be a fun event even if you just watching like myself ...

·
Abracadabra Holmes
5,627 Posts
I'm in. Spectator of course.

·
4,807 Posts
this event is being sponsored by Don King promotions .....he will be n attendance ...who all is coming to this event ????

·
4,807 Posts

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
About this Discussion
79 Replies
13 Participants
jbo'sgoat
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing