LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As im getting on 280 from woodside road i see a black Mustang GT up in front a couple cars. There was decent traffic so it took a while to catch up but then we started playing a bit. He did a fly by while i was stuck behind cars then i did the same to him. then after we got on 92 towards 101 we finaly could line up started at 40~ while he started at my front fender and pretty much stayed together up to 100. I couldnt believe it i thougt they were soposed to be slower?!?! He had what sounded like strait pipes so there could be some other mods under there.

Also on sunday i was up on skyline in saratoga and was following 2 NSX's and as they got the strait away we all 3 floored it, it looked like i was keeping perfect pace with the front one but the one between us was pulling hard on me. i was kinda dissapointed untill i saw the backfiring some flames and the STRONG smell of sulfer..... damm 100 octane..... next sunday i will be doing a 50% 91 with 50% 100 see how that goes. otherwise a great day of cruising up there many many sports cars that day.

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts
There is always a faster car out there brother, but dont give up man. I have had my share of new stang GTs including a stage 2 Roush....but I also ran into one that was modded and he got me by half a car from a stop. But from a roll we were dead even. Good hunting man, good luck

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'll say this about Mustangs. They are very receptive to mods, and finding a stock Mustang isn't always easy. I've seen new 3valve Mustangs with just a cold air package and exhaust running low 13's. With gears and slicks I'll bet they can get into the 12's.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Roush Stage 1 or 2 shouldn't be no big deal, but look out for the Stage 3's from a roll, those are supercharged! Noticed from alot of guys with the new supercharged mustangs that they aren't alot faster than a mustang with just bolt ons in the quarter! They get like the GTO's then, a little tricky to launch! Also from a high speed roll a modded bolt on stang will run you hard to 120 then they shift into 5th and their done!

·
WELL WELL , WANNA PLAY HUH!
81 Posts
Raced an 06' GT at Redline a couple of saturdays ago. He, as I was told later, had a dealer installed drag package. It includes a CAI, 4:10 gears, and some kind of drag tune from the factory. Not making excuses or anything, but I had made 3 runs back to back. 8.62, 8.65, and 8.78. The 8.78 was in a loss to this GT. He ran 8.69 and beat me by a wheel. I killed him off the tree by 500ths by ran me down. I will see him again......soon. This was pre-tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts