LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a very log story short my girlfriend of more than a year decided to break up with me this weekend. It came rather unexpectedly and her reasoning was that she could not marry me. Now let me set the background I am 22 years old going on 23 and I am not looking for marriage in the next year or two until I can get established and be able to provide. My ex I guess now as hard as it is to say that just graduated the Coast Guard Academy and is busy getting herself established. So I guess I am looking for any advice you might have, the reason I ask is because I know that many of you are married and have kids and have probably been through this at one point and time. Thanks ahead of time.
Thomas

·
scream for me, scream for me!
1,108 Posts
you are to young for this crap man , live your life and enjoy it for a few more years then you will find another . i dont get it whats the difference to be married so young or to go out for a few more years and then get married . either way your still with the person without the paper work . and should it die no need to worry about divorce crap and who gets this and that and god forbid she wants the gto in the settlement. she cant wait oh well . dude im 39 single believe me have fun cause when you are my age you look back on a lot of things .

·
Uptown
1,016 Posts
Looks to me for a 23 year old you have your priorities straight. DONT RUSH INTO MARRAIGE!

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
dude you're wayyyyyy to young if you don't want to get married than **** it...don't do it. as we get older (i'm 22) there's going to be more and more to worry about just have fun right now.

my last g/f was always talking seriously about marriage and it helped kill the relationship. i'm with a great girl now where all we care about is if the 2 of us are having a good time together. if not what's the point?

don't think about marriage until you are ready. in my opinion it should only be a one time thing

good luck man.

see ya at the steak and lobster meet :D we'll have some beers :drink:

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
Like most have said, you're too young to be held to a relationship that only separates you more and more. I know from experience that it only leads to misfortune in the end.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone it is good to hear that I am doing the hard but right thing.... I look forward to seeing most of you next Sat. and having a beer or two together.
Thomas

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
Tgibson said:
Thanks everyone it is good to hear that I am doing the hard but right thing.... I look forward to seeing most of you next Sat. and having a beer or two together.
Thomas
Life's not easy but things like this could only turn worse making bad choices. Just don't burn the bridge behind you. Your girl freind says she's going thru the Coast Guard Academy and she is probably thinking that will take alot of her time and she is probably thinking she won't be there for any type of decent relationship , so I think it ends best like this. You never know down the road what will be in store, you mau even hook up again.

·
Casey is now GONE-RIP Casey
962 Posts
You're still young, you still have options. Breakups suck, but in hindsight, it may be for the best.

Live it up! You drive a GTO, your single, you dont have a beer gut, and you can date girls your age that later on in life you 'll have to pay for!:turbonaug

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To clarify she graduated from the Academy this past May I am finishing up my last year at the academy now.

And 2004GTOFERN I think that is a great way to think about it thanks for the laugh

Tom

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
23 is far too young, as the others have said. I waited till I was 27 and 18 months later it was over. No embarrassment for you to wait a few years more to make sure ya find the right woman. I suggest living together for at least a year to make sure the combination works.
Enjoy single life as long as you can.........cause once you're married,
"The Fat Lady will be singing"

·
Registered
199 Posts
Did she break up with you because you didnt want to get married in the next year or two? Or she couldnt see herself marrying a guy like you?sorry,alittle confused...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
couldn't see herself married to me

·
I Hope He Fails
521 Posts
We've all been there man, you will look back one day not that far in the future and thank God it ended up this way. You're 22 with a Goat!! You've got so much in front of you ...you'll get past this.

·
THE FAMOUS CT. PIMP
31 Posts
i know its tough right now, esp at nite.. trust me, as everyday goes bye, the easier it will get. my bar will be open in about 6 weeks in conn.. once open come on down, i will buy you a beer and interduce you to tons of girls...they will make you forget everything...

scott

see you at the dyno day!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scott I will be there opening night if I can....
Thomas

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, she'll probably come running back to you a few months from now, just TRY to put her by you and have fun with friends and before you know it,youll meet someone else, who you will like more, then the x will try to come back and you can say "sorry,etc,etc" and get alittle payback for the frustration she caused you.
goodluck, things will get better.
jerry

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
If You're Upset Over This Crap, Buy Yourself A Nice Mod For Your Gto. Okay?

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
stan stop typing in all caps it makes your post look like you have down syndrome :gr_jest:

/thread hijack

1 - 20 of 28 Posts