LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found out what the wiring on the Sub Amp in the Trunk is? I am trying to install a Aftermarket Amp and want to remove the Factory Amp and the factory rear shelf speakers. I'm sure the factory wiring includes a amp turn-on wire but I don't know which wire it is and I also need the Left and Right speaker wire colors for positve and negative. I would really appreciate it if anyone has already gone through this and has this information.

Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't gone through this yet, but try finding techsoft. It is a program that lists wiring diagrams for almost every car. As far as the speaker wires, the easiest way is to look at the speaker and test it. You can use a 9v battery to test the speaker and see which one is positive and negative. If the speakers pops out, the positive wire to the battery is positive and the other negative. If it pops in, the wires are reversed. You could also use a volt meter to find out the amp turn on wire. Hook the positive end into the harness and turn the key to accessory. When the meter reads 12.x volts, you found your wire. And usually, the 12v accessory wire (as well as the 12v constant and ground) from the fuse block is a thicker wire than the rest. Hope this helps.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help but I haven't been able to locate a Techsoft diagram. and as far as hooking a battery to my speaker. It's not the speakers that I dont know the pos + from the neg-, that is marked on the speaker. It's the GTO wiring I haven't found any data about. I have found the Sub-woofer amp in the trunk and would like to feed the circuits coming from the factory head unit into my JL Audio Amp to power a new Subwoofer. I am removing the factory sub-woofer's and the little factory amp and want to make sure I wire it up right.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Where is the factory Amp? Is it next to the Gas Tank? Just curious!

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its on the left side of the trunk behind that sheetmetal over the rear wheel.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the Sub amp and it has a pair of left and right "in" a pair of left and right "out" a pair of grounds and a pair of 12volt positive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts