LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Certified Noob
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even the WTB section wants 100 posts, so I can't post there. Some of y'all here know me, so I was hoping perhaps that I could either find somebody here with the part or somebody could be an intermediary on the WTB forum if that's allowed.

When I ran over road tar and it trashed my CV and brake line, I resorted to a shop since I couldn't find the brake line available and didn't want to invest in tubing bender/etc. Since then, the axle they bolted in came loose and while finding aftermarket axles isn't horrible, the hub that it destroyed (outer side of axle, flange on inside of wheel hub - GM part 90497686) is proving to be more difficult.

...I swear, some days I want to buy a big chunk of land to park 2004-2006 salvage GTOs on and just buy every one I can get my hands on and become a real GTO junkyard.

Anyhow, here's a link to one the bmr made custom for the pic:
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/projectcars/GTO-Buildup/FemaleOuter.jpg

Anybody that could help me out with this inner hub flange would be greatly appreciated! I can see why so many people seem to want out of these cars with parts being such a pain to get. Help me love my car again!

Thanks,
CO_06_GTO

·
Registered
225 Posts
Did you try calling Stadium Auto parts? They had some GTO's a couple months ago. I was looking for a hood and gave them a call but they wanted way to much.

LKQ, Upull, etc. won't have any GTO's in the yards so for Colorado they are probably your best bet.

·
Certified Noob
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, contacted them on their web site. I also have a pending deal on eBay, but the shipping is freight since it's a whole side's hub, A-arm, rotor, caliper assembly and it's kinda pricey and I'd have to pick it up at a freight terminal... Hope Stadium has one. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well the guys offering it for $3500 complete or parting it out. We all could get together and grab what we need. I'm mainly looking for the weather stripping, and depending on price I'd buy the doors.

·
Certified Noob
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parted out GTO...

Sorry- lots going on in my house this past week...

That parting out GTO is intriguing. I already ordered the hub with a left hand suspension assembly from eBay, however I don't know of anybody with a GTO that doesn't have a wishlist. Anybody know somebody with a way to haul/store it? I figure we can pick it apart for a bit and then sell it to a local salvage yard when complete...

I'd like some trim pieces and potentially weather stripping for the passenger side rear window (got a leak somewhere I have not yet found).

If we get can figure out somewhere to store it and somehow to move it, I'm pretty curious.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a shop in Centennial next to the airport off Arapahoe Road. We could store it there no problem. If we could get 3-4 of us to go in on it and everyone gets the parts they want its a win-win.

I have an account with Reed Towing so I can get it towed down here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anyone interested in parts? I emailed the guy and may pick it up this weekend to start parting out as well as a couple parts for myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts