LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am going to have Chris program my 05' cluster to work in my 04'. i want to get 10,500 miles on this cluster. It currently has 7,500. I was wondering if anybody local would like to slip 3k miles under the floor mat. I would not require your cluster, just need to think of something that would guarantee it's return. PM me for more details.

Forgot. This is for a six speed car with a red cluster. I guess the color doen't matter. I would preferr an 05'. I do not know if there is any differance between 05' and 06' clusters. Just don't want to make a problem.

·
GTOless
7,135 Posts
So you have an 05 cluster with 7500 miles and you want it to have 10,500? Chris cant change the mileage?

·
should have had a v8
523 Posts
it would take me about 3 months but i am in a lease car hum!!

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your car is leased??? I did not know that. Thought you bought it.

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
If you don't plan to sell the car don't worry about the mileage on the thing. I remember when I had my Suburban if you didn't want to get the Escalade cluster reprogrammed you could legally put a odo replacement sticker on your door jamb and call it a day. Don't know if that still holds true though. I think the PCM hold it's own count anyways.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just want the milage to match, or be a little higher than the last time I was in for service. 10,000 miles.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
kurt you can just disconnect it completely, if it's your car they won't care

1,625 Posts
Kurt, 2 more trips down south should do. I plan to go to FL second week in November, If you'd like I can slip it on.Any thing for someone who spends more time down here than in his own town.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am just trying to get my milage on the 05' cluster to match the car. Don't want to go to a dealer with 3k miles less than I had the last time I was in. Need a few things taken care of. Will not be going in till the spring. Wasn't sure if anybody who drives year round would want to help me, and hid 3k miles at the same time.

·
should have had a v8
523 Posts
give me a PM and we can talk i have about 7600 miles on my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts