LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
aka Phantom Goat
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Skip Shift module today from SLP, however the instructions included in the package is for a 'Throttle Body Flow Booster'. Has someone installed this and could tell me which plug it goes to? On the driver side of the trans there appears to be two possible connections points, one in the middle that appears to go to a module, the other nearer the tail that goes into a connection just before a casting piece.

Before I take her off the jack tonight can someone tell me which connection point is correct.

Thanks

Kevin

·
aka Phantom Goat
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 2Cool I'll give that a look.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
actually there are three, but those pics are right on target, i ordered my CAGS from pfyc.com and well their directions were misleading, i accidently pluged it into my reverse lock out, but i found those exact same pics online and put it on the right one, well the bad news was that my CAGS eliminator was overheated by the reverse lock out juice running through it and it finally failed on me, but now im having shifting problems..... dont think their related considering the lock out only does that, lock out reverse and the CAGS silenoid just forces the shift skip.... oh well short story long, look for the fill plug and the CAGS silenoid is right above it.

·
13 year owner
16,381 Posts
SLP is known for their poor instructions. Don't worry.

·
aka Phantom Goat
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The GTO install seems to be alittle different than the Camaro/Firebird. Called SLP they directed me to the instuctions online...I swore I looked there. Anyways got it installed this morning, thanks for the replies.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
If you had utilized the SEARCH function and typed in the key words "skip shift eliminator" in the box, you would have found the how to do instructions that I have posted and none of this would have been necessary.

A little search goes a long long way. Trust me. With hundreds and thousands of GTO owners before you, a lot of questions and problems have already been unraveled and discussed to death ad nauseam from here to eternity till kingdom come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts