LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, back again with another issue I found. Hope this is the right sub forum to post this.
So I've been hearing a knocking noise on the back side for a while, primarily over like bumps and hills after crossing the top and headed downhill. I replaced the rear shocks and springs so I thought maybe the nut was coming loose on the drivers side (where I can hear it the most I feel) and when I went down the hill the weight shifting made the noise. But today when I closed my trunk it kept moving (I've been having issues with it not wanting to close when I close it) so I pick up on it and it's locked for sure, however I can pick it up and down maybe a half inch or more, but it is locked and won't open. I googled and searched all over and kept finding suspension things or the trunk lock actuator not unlocking, neither of which helped. The trunk in the trunk appeared a lot too but thats suspension as well. Has anyone experienced this before or know what the issue is so I can fix this?

·
Daily Driver
178 Posts
Are your Trunk Lid Bumpers adjusted too low allowing too much play?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are your Trunk Lid Bumpers adjusted too low allowing too much play?
If you're referring to the rubber pieces screwed onto either side of the trunk lid, I just messed around with them and screwed screwed all the way in, and all the way out, and both ways the trunk lid could still bounce up and down, only when they were all the way out the trunk lid was too high up and the lines didn't match anymore.

·
Daily Driver
178 Posts
Your latch or strike for your trunk may need adjusting then.
Did this just start randomly start?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your latch or strike for your trunk may need adjusting then.
Did this just start randomly start?
That's what it seems like to me. And yes, I just noticed this tonight, and it also just started having the problem where i can slam it down 5 or 6 times in a row and it won't lock, but if I slam it hard it will lock. So im assuming the locking mechanism may have some free play. I will have to find a section and read how to adjust them. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Had a similar issue before on my 05. The striker was loose. In the middle of the bottom outside edge of the trunk opening you'll see a recessed square metal loop. Grab it and see if it moves.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a similar issue before on my 05. The striker was loose. In the middle of the bottom outside edge of the trunk opening you'll see a recessed square metal loop. Grab it and see if it moves.
Yep, that's it. Shit moves an entire inch up and down. Just gotta pull the plastic trim off and adjust it? Is it like a bolt to tighten or any special tool?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also check the latch mechanism itself. The wife's 04 had one of the bolts almost fall out, so of course wouldn't latch right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also check the latch mechanism itself. The wife's 04 had one of the bolts almost fall out, so of course wouldn't latch right.
Thanks, yea I figured it out the other day, there's a single 14mm bolt on the striker, and mine was completely loose. Just tightened it and adjusted the Bumpers and bam its perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts