LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm needing some new spark plug wires. After searching it seems 80% of you guys that are running aftermarket wires are running the Taylor wires. Any input on what is the best wire out there? Are there any wires that have a different angle coming out of the ports by the headers? Any of our vendors sell them and who would you recommend?

Thank in advance!!!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
They're all good. I like MSD personally, but they don't come in blue, which is why I went with the bigger Taylor 10.4mm wires on the GTO. Otherwise, all the other LS1's in the family have had MSD.

The stock wire is like 330 ohms per foot, Any of the aftermarket are around 30 - 50 ohms/ft by comparison. Less resistance means more electricity getting to the plug.

The only ones I would stay away from are MagneCore's. They tend to be a tad too short, casuing them to work themselves off the plug, effectively shorting them out and turning them into nothing more than 8 pieces of fried noodle. I've had two sets of those cause problems.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, the MSD's are red correct? If so I think those are the ones I'm going to get. Got a red one here.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yes.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
I've got the msd's and the fit was perfect. None of the wires people use here cause any problems with interference so you can realistically pick up any of them. For 50 bucks the msds are a good deal.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, where would you recommend picking them up? I would like to support one of our vendors here. Also, there are no options as far as the angle of the wires?

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
ls1speed i believe has them, and they have the plugs you might want to pick up too right below the wires.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yup, Speed Inc, Tbyrne, all of them will stock them. This a standard LS1 part and not GTO specific. The plugs are NGK TR55's if you should decide to go this route also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts