LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on these forums for a while and got a few ideas from all the posts so here's what I ordered so far:

K&N filter
NGK TR55 Plugs gonna gap them at 0.50
10.4mm Taylor wires
SLP MAF (should I remove the screen or not for everyday driving?)
CS Performance Intake Tube http://www.andy-saunders.co.uk/csperformance/

I'm also going to wait for SLP exhaust and if it sounds better than the stock exhaust will definitely get it.

Let me know what you guys think and any other suggestions you might have.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Leave the screen alone in your MAS
Don't over oil your K&N Filter!!
As far as plugs and wire its your call, Its a cheep fair mod.
Might want to consider Software editing :) if you have an A4
And coolent bypass for your TBI unit.
JMO Dan

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Why not try the predator, you can also get the genuine HSV intake tube (off the 402hp GTS) similar to the one you sourced from UK. I'd just leave the screen on, if SLP could have gained more power with it off they would have done so. The computer compenates itself after a while and you won't even notice you have a screened or descreened MAF. I dont' even think a MAF is a worthwhile mod unless you have done H/C maybe. These MAFs used to cost $450 bucks now all of a sudden they cost $159??? Cause people don't buy em anymore.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
1) Get the K&N panel filter and use the stock air box.
2) Good choice for plugs and wires. I gapped to 0.050 also. (Not 0.5 as you indicated. Just a typo, don't sweat it. But if you seriously gap to 0.5, let me know how that works for you. ;) )
3) Don't waste your money on an MAF. You don't need one (yet). And don't descreen your stock MAF. The gain is so small it isn't worth the trouble. If you're using a high flow air filter, the screen helps stop some of the big particles that (somehow) get through. I have looked at my MAF screen a number of times and each time had to blow out some particles clinging to it.
4) The CS Performance Intake Tube is your best bet because it works with the stock MAF and air box. I would have to see numbers to justify the Lingenfelder kit. I doubt it would be a significant gain over the CS Tube, K&N Panel Filter, and stock air box.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys. I figured the more air with the SLP MAF would increase horsepower.
On the predator will there be an increase in performance since I have the M6

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Predator

jcast said:
thanks for the info guys. I figured the more air with the SLP MAF would increase horsepower.
On the predator will there be an increase in performance since I have the M6
There SHOULD be a gain, I just have no idea how miuch as I run an A4, but it did a job for me and not just in the transmission area, but that is what I noticed first up. I've only put about ten miles on it since, so I am dashing about to get on the road as we speak to see what else I can unearth about the new tune's changes since my last posts on it. ;)...Here...
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3266&page=1&pp=30

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Yes predator tuner will work with modified MAF, I think all these MAFs are made by the same company, Granatelli sells their MAF and advertises to use it with their programmer, which is just a rebadged predator.

Dunno what kinda gains a M6 will make with the predator, why don't you try and tell us. My buddy with a 03 Cobra put a predator tune in his car and noticed a differance (cobra is a M6 of course.)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I would wait for a CAI with a divider to isolate the filter then do the throttle body bypass while you have the intake tube off, maybe some MAF ends. After that i would do intermediate pipe with high flow cats and cutouts for the exhaust.

Thats my plan so far. I'm not really sold on switching MAFs as well as a CB exhaust for anything more than 500 bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts