LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
goat lover
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know if you got it you wanna show it off. i'm thinkin about takin off my spoiler and i'd like to see more pics of black 04's without it. so post up some pics

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
Just take it off and ride around with it off for a few days. Get the unpainted plugs from Home Depot, will only cost you $2 and then if you like it spend the bucks to get the painted ones or to get the holes sealed. It looks great without the spoiler. I converted a few people to go spoilerless after they saw my car in person. Pictures do not do it justice.

·
Sold
2,093 Posts
This is an oldie.............

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I know it's not black, but I liked it clean until I finally got the SAP spoiler painted & mounted.

·
Porch Dick
20,340 Posts
My opinion....keep the spoiler. I am not fan of the spoiler-less look. I wonder if anyone would change their tune if the GTO came without a spoiler and start putting spoilers on. I think the only thing that the smooth trunk look has going for it is that it is different, not necessarily better. I mean, it looks good, and I would have no complaint if that is how they came from the factory, just think the spoiler looks better.

·
Registered
371 Posts
See sig...Let me find some more pics.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I respect whoever does tha whole spoiler delete thing, but unless u get a different spoiler like just something small...I think jhp has a nice style to keep it sporty, but to me without the spoiler it looks like just a sedan trying to be sporty...i personally think the spoiler ads a lot of style

so personally if you're thinking the whole spoiler delete meaning stock just switch it out with this one http://www.jhp.com.au/enlarge-gto.php?image=img/products/Spoilers/monaro/yellowmonaro.jpg?imagealt=

·
Scared GOAT-less
416 Posts

·
Needs Directions
3,260 Posts
Yea I love spoilerless look. I had my spoiler removed and holes filled on my previous car too.

·
it gets 12mpg and loving it!
564 Posts
remember this, if you decide to remove your spoiler. Make sure to check and see if the fine boys that work for GM over tighten the bolts to the spoiler first and see if you have any crease marks. I love the spoilerless look but I forgot to check for creases on mine and when I took it off, I had 4 deep creases. The Top Shelf plugs won't cover the hole up either.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
'04 PBM and '06 SRM......either way, spoilerless is the way to go.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts