LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock mufflers with Magnaflow or Flowmasters. I need a little input from those who have changed their exhaust. Which one sounds better and where do I get them. I may also put on an Xpipe. I'll listen to all recommendations but would like to keep the costs down. Thanks in advance.

·
Yellowjacketfever
479 Posts
well i have said this about 3 times in the past few days. if you are looking to just replace the mufflers, the ones i used are the deltaforce 1 chamber flowmaster and it will fit into the space where the stock one come out of. now i can't tell you which others will fit and what they cost. but the deltaforce 1 chamber flowmaster is 72.00 at summit racing .com. and they sound real good at idle and all the way to wot. if my son ever does come back over i will see if we can make a video and post some sound clips. now my car isn't fast and it doesn't matter if it is. sound is what i am looking for and what i have gotten with the deltaforce flowmaster is perfect and the fuel mileage has definately came up with the settup i put on my 04. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
i have the magnaflows full cat with xpipe. they are not as loud as the super 40's by flowmasters. but you pick up more hp with a full cat. the stock mid pipes are crimp down very badly. flow masters will give you more drone on the inside of the car. no drone on the mags

·
Yellowjacketfever
479 Posts
until i reach rpm's of 2000 and above i can't even hear the the sound. but at 2000 rpm and above you hear alot inside and out. i like the 1 baffle flowmaster.

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
I have a used magnaflow 2.5" tru x-pipe for sale if you're interested. I can cut it off the rest of the piping if you wish.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts