LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother, two sisters, and one cousin are coming to visit this weekend and I need some ideas on where to take them on Saturday. It is going to be mid 50's on Saturday and my family is from hot New Mexico, so it will definetely need to be something indoors. My sisters are 17 & 9, and my cousin is 13.

ANY ideas (other than the GOG's cruise or anything that involves speed or cars) would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,500 Posts
The aquarium, mint, museums, Flatirons Mall (any mall really), Coor Factory :drink:

·
7,835 Posts
WTF with the mid 50's eh? Nice all week then friday and saturday = teh suck. Looks like ill be playing gold friday in the rain. :judge:

There is the museum of natural history, That fish aquarium place if its still open, There is always colorado mills or something like that for shopping. Heard you girls are into that sort of thing.

Just think of anything you would have to drag Luke to and bingo, you got yourselves a good day with a bunch of girls.

·
7,835 Posts
Scyry said:
The aquarium, mint, museums, Flatirons Mall (any mall really), Coor Factory :drink:

Hey quit thinking the same exact things when im posting them. :patriot:

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Mint is no longer doing tours I dont think, thanks to fear over terrorism.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking the Flat Iron's mall definetely as my mother wants to do a little shopping. When I had surgery, Luke took my 17 yr old sister to Park Meadows and we throught she was going to explode. She is stuck in this "I think I am hispanic" phase and couldn't stand seeing the white girls actually acting white. Wonder how she is going to do at Flat Irons hahaha, I should get it on tape.

Butterfly Pavillion, hmm.. I am not sure if my mother would enjoy this but I will run it past her as I have always wanted to go.

Museum, I don't like the museum out here (think Alb's is 927329832 times better) so I don't think my mother would either.

Coors factory, my mother is a Bud girl at heart and I doubt she would be interested in going.

Keep them coming guys, I need to keep her busy and show her lots of stuff as she constantly thinks Denver is some 20,000 population city with nothing to do.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
Years ago when I used to visit Denver, there was a little bar/restaurant on the SW side that served rattlesnake - that might be interesting.
It was called maybe the Buckboard Saloon or something like that? My memory says it was just East of RR tracks.

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
WEDJ said:
Years ago when I used to visit Denver, there was a little bar/restaurant on the SW side that served rattlesnake - that might be interesting.
It was called maybe the Buckboard Saloon or something like that? My memory says it was just East of RR tracks.
Buckhorn Exchange
1000 Osage

·
Gearhead
20 Posts
WEDJ said:

the Buckhorn Exchange at 10th & Osage. Dead animails all over the wall. Right off lightrail. Colorado liquor license #1.

Go to the Rockies game.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I highly doubt my mother is going to want to eat rattlesnake hahaha, but thanks for the advice.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
Rooster said:
the Buckhorn Exchange at 10th & Osage. Dead animails all over the wall. Right off lightrail. Colorado liquor license #1.
That's the one. Not bad, since it's been probably 20 years.

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,500 Posts
I know you said no driving high speed, but a drive in the Aspen, not sure if New Mexico has Aspen too.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jetsiphon said:
'Eh, since they are from NM, the won't like the uber nonmexican food of Casa Bonita.
Hahaha yeah, no americanized mexican food for my family. My mom is actually bringing some super hot hatch roasted chile with her. Luke, we are having gooood green chile chicken enchiladas sometime this month.

My mother mentioned like a game place, so I think we are going to head to Dave & Busters and also the Butterfly Pavilion.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
58,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks Chuck.

Oh and thank you everyone for your suggestions. I didn't mean for my comments to sound mean if they did.

·
7,835 Posts
Andrea said:
Thanks Chuck.

Oh and thank you everyone for your suggestions. I didn't mean for my comments to sound mean if they did.
You big meanie. I think we need to sample these green chili chicken enchaladas at the next meet. :ftw:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts