LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

It looks like my beater might not make it to the winter so I will have to get a set of blizzacks or something for the time being on the stock rims. I would like to save up for a set of wheels and tires over the winter and keep the blizzacks on the stock wheels for the following winters.

That being said I really want a set of wider tires out back and leave the fronts at 245. I would like to go 275 out back without rubbing, rolling fenders, or any other nonsense. Up front I would stick with an 8" wide rim running a 245/40/18" tire. Out back I would like to run 275 i think 35 18" tire on a 9" rim. What offset must I be beyond to ensure a good quality fit? +45? +48? +50?

Anyone who has a set of 275s out back on a 9" rim please chime in on what brand and model wheels and tire you are running. This is if you have no rubbing ever on the back set of tires.

Thanks

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would an 8.5" rim support a 275 tire properly or do you need to goto 9". I think 9" would work the best. Any comments on this?

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
9" is the optimal size for 275s, but people have mounted them on 8" rims with no issues other than a bulge and slightly less contact patch due to the tapering in sidewalls. So an 8-1/2" should work fine.

Almost forgot to add, I like the rims, very clean and no unneccessary bolts and doodads.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want to make sure the wheels I get are strong and light. I realize that makes them more expensive but i dont need to goto the extremes on either.

Anyone else have any pictures and comments on 18" wheel packages they have had or have installed themselves?

·
Registered
346 Posts
With a little massage you can do this:

18X8.5 5-120 38SM

17X8 5-120 38SM

245/45ZR-17 95Y B BFG G-FORCE T/A KDW

275/35R-18 95Y B BFG G-FORCE T/A KDW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts