LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How should I do it? What kind of box? Where do I find people to build it? Or should I buy a big used box for cheaper?
Bandpass? What stage? Should I go with two Kicker L7s or something more serious? How many cuft? What material - fiberglass? Plywood? How thick?
What would you do? I don't need a trunk for anything else - I want to dedicate it to subs, amps and battery relocation and a capacitor (not sure about battery relocation, or if I need two batteries, or if I need an aftermarket alternator).
I will probably need that cheap substitute for Dynamat too
Doesn't need to be showy, but it has to bang. Nothing crazy, under 2kWt. Just want to feel that bass deep inside my bones and lungs
P.S. I will mostly listen to slowed down gangsta rap and similar bass-heavy shit. I will get crazy stoned and cruise around 20mph
I know it's too many questions, but I would really appreciate some help
P.S.: I'm no noob to car audio, I had a bandpass 12 behind my head in my 300ZX and I had dual round 12s in a sealed box in my VR4. I miss those days
But the time has come to top it

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Just want to feel that bass deep inside my bones and lungs
P.S. I will mostly listen to slowed down gangsta rap and similar bass-heavy shit. I will get crazy stoned and cruise around 20mph
I hope this is a joke but if it's not, are you 15?? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
different strokes for different folks. Didn't ask for judgement. Just telling you how I like to roll. Nothing wrong with that
I know car enthusiast forums are full of dorky moralist engineers and I'm a mothersmurfing gangster, so just stop it, ok? I get it. What you gonna do?
I like all kinds of music, but certain kinds are much better on a good box and on some good grass. You're just jelly
P.S.: do you hate me because I'm black? )))
ARE YOU A RACEST??? )))))))))

·
Registered
318 Posts
hard to get good bass from the gto, the gas tank muffles the subs

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I almost think the better idea would be putting a box in place of the back seat (which I have no use for anyways)
people who tell me gas tank is not muffling the bass are full of shit who don't know what they're talking about.
I'm putting my box on the back seat

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm not 15, that's why I want two 15s. At 15 I didn't even have a 8" Radioshack
You think two 15" is childish- think again.
It's adult, Only ballsack hair is more manly than two 15s:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
different strokes for different folks. Didn't ask for judgement. Just telling you how I like to roll. Nothing wrong with that
I know car enthusiast forums are full of dorky moralist engineers and I'm a mothersmurfing gangster, so just stop it, ok? I get it. What you gonna do?
I like all kinds of music, but certain kinds are much better on a good box and on some good grass. You're just jelly
P.S.: do you hate me because I'm black? )))
ARE YOU A RACEST??? )))))))))
I'm not 15, that's why I want two 15s. At 15 I didn't even have a 8" Radioshack
You think two 15" is childish- think again.
It's adult, Only ballsack hair is more manly than two 15s:
Why are you so quick to toss out the racism card? I don't give a shit if you're black, brown, yellow, green, red, white or any other color of the rainbow. And no, there's nothing about you or your car I'm jealous of. Of course it's a QSM lolol. Nothing about the way you present yourself screams adult or manly, a pair of 15's defines your manhood? Seriously??? If you want to act like an insecure, arrogant teenage asshat with a tiny dong be prepared to be treated like one. It's your choice........

·
Registered
88 Posts
I almost think the better idea would be putting a box in place of the back seat (which I have no use for anyways)
people who tell me gas tank is not muffling the bass are full of shit who don't know what they're talking about.
I'm putting my box on the back seat
Both you guys don't know what you're talking about.....

I would imagine with just two 8s in my trunk, I am close to 130+ DB at 32hz.....

I can watch the windshield flex..... Not my mirror buzzing around, the windshield FLEX.....

On real low notes the steering wheel and gas pedal start to vibrate and jump around.... Enough that the first time I saw it out of my periphery, I thought I was seeing things....

·
Registered
318 Posts

I would imagine with just two 8s in my trunk, I am close to 130+ DB at 32hz.....

I can watch the windshield flex..... Not my mirror buzzing around, the windshield FLEX.....

On real low notes the steering wheel and gas pedal start to vibrate and jump around.... Enough that the first time I saw it out of my periphery, I thought I was seeing things....
i have two fosgate p3 15's, i get more note when i roll the window down

·
Registered
88 Posts

i have two fosgate p3 15's, i get more note when i roll the window down
Every car audio system I have heard seems louder with the window down...

If your system gets louder when you open the trunk, that is because the sub is misplaced, and the bass waves are canceling each other out, when the trunk is closed

·
Registered
318 Posts

If your system gets louder when you open the trunk, that is because the sub is misplaced, and the bass waves are canceling each other out, when the trunk is closed
not with trunk open just with windows down

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
C'mon guys, why so serious? I'm just yanking your chain trying to have some fun.
Do I have to be stone cold and academic sounding at all times like NPR?
We're talking subs here, c'mon!

Blue Dream, I'm 38.
Chill, OK? You're not going to dictate to me what's manly or not, you arbiter of truth. I can figure things out on my own. I will act as childish or old as I see fit.

·
Registered
318 Posts

could have been better, gonna have leather rewrapped. bought fosgate sub amp just need to find matching high amp then i will drop back off in shop

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had so many different sub builds in my GTO it is crazy. The best sounding box placement for more the 120 db without installing a fuel cell would be the back seat area, my 2 10's hit very hard in that location and sounded the cleanest in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I have had so many different sub builds in my GTO it is crazy. The best sounding box placement for more the 120 db without installing a fuel cell would be the back seat area, my 2 10's hit very hard in that location and sounded the cleanest in my opinion.
Thanks much, sir. This really helps. Like I said before - this is a weekend car - I have no use for back seat anyways - if I need to smurf - I'll get a hotel room

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also didn't have the run of the mill 10's and I had high output sq amps. System design, box design, quality of speakers and amplifiers and a clean audio source make the difference between something that sounds nice to something that sounds grand. Just do mods and highs up front you don't need anything but subs in the rear, trying to get the imaging of rear speakers to sound good is a waste of time. A good sound processor and tuning will make your front speakers sound alive.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I also didn't have the run of the mill 10's and I had high output sq amps. System design, box design, quality of speakers and amplifiers and a clean audio source make the difference between something that sounds nice to something that sounds grand. Just do mods and highs up front you don't need anything but subs in the rear, trying to get the imaging of rear speakers to sound good is a waste of time. A good sound processor and tuning will make your front speakers sound alive.

was it sealed or ported? What kind of subs? huge magnet type?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts