LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some adice. Next month a car club I used to be a member of is holding its bi-annual drag race. Most of us have all kind of other cars now so it's a free-for-all of sorts now. The self appointed know-it-all of everything automotive now owns a modded Suby legacy GT Spec B?? AWD that he says is running low 13's. He has made a point of letting everyone know I was a retard for buying the GTO. My best run to date is 13.6 at just under 105 mph on drag radials, drag bags and K&N CAI. I would love to shut this guy up but I don't have a lot of reserve funds at the moment. What would give me the most bang for the buck towards getting closer to high 12's?

Thanks,

·
oog
6,160 Posts
On a limited budget I would say do a TB by-pass "free",remove weight also "free",NGK plugs around $15,if you don't have a cat-back I would do a muffler delete around $75,a tune is a must at $450(approx).If budget allows maybe an UD pulley with belts $250(?)
Good luck

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nitrous. A 100 shot will do it. I bought a new kit and when all said and done I had $440 in it and running 11.8-12.0s . . . That will shut that Suby up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts